Hobao Hyper 7 .21 or .28?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Register Log in

MrMoody

RC Newbie
RC Driving Style
Bashing
Hi All,

I am looking at buying myself a Hobao Hyper 7 as fed up with my Acme Condor Pro (Probably no surprise to some of you considering I feel like I'm polishing a turd everytime I fix it).

I have heard mixed reviews about the Mac star .28 engine for the Hyper 7 and most people prefer to go for the .21 8 port version. Now I know of course the .28 is going to use a lot more fuel but I have heard they are a disaster? Is there much truth in this?

Any information would be very helpful!

Thank you :)

cbaker65

Hardcore RCNT User
Hi All,

I am looking at buying myself a Hobao Hyper 7 as fed up with my Acme Condor Pro (Probably no surprise to some of you considering I feel like I'm polishing a turd everytime I fix it).

I have heard mixed reviews about the Mac star .28 engine for the Hyper 7 and most people prefer to go for the .21 8 port version. Now I know of course the .28 is going to use a lot more fuel but I have heard they are a disaster? Is there much truth in this?

Back in the day ,the 4 port Ofna hyper 21 pushed a buggy pretty fast ,so I don't think that you can go wrong
with that .21 8 port ,they are pretty famous!

Arrmajunk

RCNT Rookie
Hi All,

Some 21 engines mainly the Race ones but they have they low end you’d expect from a 28 with the high rpm of a 21, but I had the hyper 4 port back in the days of my Hyper 7 pbs. With the pink head, it weren’t a bad engine to be fair , I aslso had the 21. 8port with a Silver/grey head , less imoresssd with 8p that 4p .
In my opinion your better off going for new buggy the 7 has been around for some time ,
I was glad to get rid of it for the Hyper 8 pro with theSpider diffs n All. I moved into truggys before quitting a few years and coming back in Brushless .
The 7 has poor steering circle compared to some other buggy’s . And them RTR Hyper 7 are cheap . Buy a Nice Buggy Kit one time and build up the components slowly . Is my answer 👍😎

Daniel J

RCNT Qualifier
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
Hi All,

Save yourself money and go with hyper 7 21 engine. There’s absolutely no point spending more for that 28 engine. If you would like you could get a higher end engine further down the line such as a novarossi s21p5xlt. That would kick the .28 ass.