High Speed Needle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taylor17nelson

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
He guys ii was wondering how to you check or what do you test to see if you need to adjust the high speed needle

Sounds like you havnt done any homwork on tuning. If i were you id go to nitro rc talk forum and read the tuning flow chart and tuning tips and search on google for nitro tuneing. but basically if your running rich turning needle counter-clockwise out your engine is gonna be below operating temp after some highspeed passes and if its too lean clockwise in your car will cut out at highspeed and if its to rich it will be spitting nitro out the exaust

---------- Post added at 6:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:47 PM ----------

do some reading tho it wil be very helpfull

i mean i new the basics i was just wondering if anybody had any tricks to help you tune it easier

hsn is really easy to tune once you get the operating temp fill her up again and make a couple passes and bring it in lean untill it starts cutting out at wot then richen just a bit thats the easiest thing to do

hsn is really easy to tune once you get the operating temp fill her up again and make a couple passes and bring it in lean untill it starts cutting out at wot then richen just a bit thats the easiest thing to do

What are you nuts? :kookoo:

Never lean the hsn until it cuts out.

Always richen the hsn until the engine slows down, then carefully lean it back in to a good tune. Always start rich and work toward a good tune from there.

Always richen the hsn until the engine slows down, then carefully lean it back in to a good tune. Always start rich and work toward a good tune from there.

Sounds like his way of tuning is a real good way to burn up you engine.

Do it just like 2revo says to. Keep putting fuel in it until it starts to fall off and then back it off a little and leave it there.

Sorry about that i gave a very bad discription of what to do i meant if it cuts out you've gone to lean i was writing the post 5 mins b4 i got off of work yesterday shoulda waited till i wasn't in a hurry, when the motor is just on the lean side its like it will lope when you let off the throttle from wo and if you go any further it will cut out at wo hopefully i kinda redem myself after basically telling someone to burn their motor up :( either way i still gave horrible info first thanks for the correction