High grade chargers vs mid grade chargers.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Undertaker

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
Why do people normally not use lower quality chargers, besides the fact that they probably have a higher quality charger on hand? Do wall chargers harm the battery in any way? Should I be fine with a mid grade battery charger, or should I go the extra mile and get a smart charger,and why?

Theres a lot of myth in this field of High grade charges vs a low grade charger,,, I've always leaned towards the high end chargers .like the Schulze brand (no longer made)I really liked there chargers. but I also liked my 4 button chargers . good ole 50 or 60 watt chargers..I have some 25 amp and even a 80 amp charger Ill never use that high of A amperage just no need..now we are all hooked on ir(I say hogwash) I have some lipos that show 35 milla ohms and they run great.. I have some that have 4 and are just crude......Its all up to the end user.buy what you want ...or need..I've got about 30 chargers sitting in my work area. some I found flaws in like the Great Ice charger (pos) in my book...ok 4 Nixx but bad for lipos.I have a APS dyno that I still use to charge A lipo..My now favorite is the M8 made by a few companies.its 14 to 15 amp shows ir has other options on it like servo tester ..I have a heavily moded Bc 112c by tekin bought it new in the 90's sent it to England and had a guy put a balance conection in it and a lipo mode(1 .2 or 3 cells only) has a 3 amp balance option)..I have thousands of Dollars in chargers but only really needed under 50 a good power supply is always best... sure I have a few cheap ATX computer power supplies added a switch led and resistor and some good ole 4mm bullets to . they all work great..best is a home built by me 26 volts 100 amp power supply in a Atx case.. and a few simple to make leads will help you big time in your charging ..learn what to do if you make a mistake with a lipo or 1 cell falls below the recognized voltage range .. they do sell squids now with many things I made myself in the past...I always have a male servo plug with the =/- wire with a deans to boost a low cell or stubborn cell to 4.2 or lihv to 4.35....revo has a few GT chargers at less than a 1/3 of the cellpro now take a look...….sorry I ran on like this …...have a good safe charging experience.never leave a lipo alone to charge always be with in site.. I have 2- 1/2 buckets of silica sand just in case..nothing but a halon fire extinguisher will put a lipo fire out...A lipo will Hiss b4 it vents (white smoke) then catches fire..it will never explode like all the myths say....http://www.store.revolectrix.com/Products/GT-Series-Battery-Chargers

Last edited:
My brothers in to quads, and he burned out his VTX leading to his quad lighting on fire. I originally thought that it was his battery that had failed

Back