Hi. Need a little help please...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donovan

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi all. I'm new on RCNitroTalk. And I'm not sure how everything works here, but I'm looking for some help please. I bought a Great Vigor "Tommy Hawk" 1/10 nitro rc. I quote "Tommy Hawk" because I was told that's the model. I'm not 100% sure. I'm looking for a manual for it so I can tune it up and find out what fuel I need to use and so on. I tried the net and sent an email to Great Vigor but with no luck. Can anyone help me please? Thanks.

Here is a link to a image of my rc. Hope it works and helps.

1546358_524096394375722_1753922146_n.jpg

Can you post some more pics without the lid? We might be able to help more if we can see the chassis and drive-line.

LOL!!! I thought "Tommy Hawk" might be related to Tony Hawk. :D

What you're looking for is the Great Vigor Tomahawk. :hehe:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCcQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.stanbridges.com.au%2Ffiles%2Fproduct%2FGVBA9XEP.pdf&ei=l8z7UoihI6X42AWJ6ID4Dg&usg=AFQjCNHG4jxN4sMbMJYT2ZkfMxoiB2pcKQ&sig2=Gr4hN16l_Hrr2s8hxGK0MA&bvm=bv.61190604,d.b2I

I'm having a little trouble getting that .pdf file to open for me without freezing half way through. Maybe you'll have better luck.
It's their 56 page manual for that model.

Last edited:
Hamz, I'll post the other pics again as soon as I can. Thanx for the info rolex, so its a tomahawk. Lol. That's all I found when searching for a "tommy hawk", stuff of tony hawk. Haha. The manual you sent me shows its for the electric. Mine is nitro-powered. I just want to find out how to adjust the response, air and fuel screws and if I should use 15% or 25% nitro. Because I'm using 15% now but its releasing a lot of oil through the exhaust and after driving 10mins, it stalls easily. Not sure if its old nitro or if its not properly adjusted.

Can you post some more pics without the lid? We might be able to help more if we can see the chassis and drive-line.

Here's a pic without the lid. I hope is helps.

1796498_524379204347441_507436962_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back