Hi i would like to buy a 1/10 scale buggy could u tell me in your opinion whats best?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoc2008

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi could u tell me what in your opinion is the best 1/10 scale buggy please thank you>>>:tank:

Most Buggy's are 1/8th scales.

oh could anyone tell me of a good 1/10 scale
:tank:

Nitro or Electric? Price Range?

If you are going to get electric get the B4 If you are going to get a nitro there is not a lot of 1/10th scale choices so you should probably get the Kyosho inferno tr-15??(anyone have any bad things to say about this buggy)????

its hard to find parts if you break them.

the kyosho 1/10 scale is almost obsolete, specter. the B4 is a good choice for the electric mill.

BMOC - if u are looking for 1/10 scale, the best choice would be a stadium truck, instead of a buggy. they are virtually the same vehicle, with a different body, and bigger front tires. there are many fine choices out there for those. if u plan to racee, then u really cannot go wrong with the Losi xxxnt or the Associated RC10GT. If u plan to just play around in your yard, ,or local area, then the Traxxas nitro rustler is a great choicee, with a good hiustory,. and great support. If u must have a buggy - then u most liekly would have to upgrade toi a 1/8th scale. Unless u have prior RC experience, or have a friend who does, i would not reccomend a 1/8th for your first car. Anyway, i hope that helps.

I wasn't sure thats why I asked, I have heard nothing but good things about the b4 though

pseudorhombicubictahedron: looks like somebody in advanced geometry; what the hell does that mean?

hey thanks i have had a monster truck b4 so its not my first nitro vehicle it has to be nitro cause electrics suck big time no offence but it is my opinion so i want it for racing so tell me what u think

well, if u wanna race, then a nitro buggy in 1/10 scale is out of the question, as that class is virtually non-existant. the easiest off road class to start racing in would be the 1/10 scale ST class. in that case, unless u have some extra cash, or really want to jump in with both feet, then ur choices are pretty much narrowed down to either the RC10GT or the XXX-NT. If u have some extra cash, the Mugen is also an option, but is almost twice what the AE and Losi cost.

Duratrax makes a 1/10 scale nitro buggy called the maximum bx. Duratrax are known to break. I can verify that. It is another choice if you local track happens to race this class. Also, if that's the case go find out what they run.

A Stadium Truck well let you go over rougher terrain than the 1/10 buggy will. I have a stadium truck, a 1/10 buggy and a 1/8 buggy. The Stadium Truck is more fun. The 1/8 buggy is more competative. The 1/10 scale is only around so my son can have a "buggy" too.

my two cents,
Rob

I would just get an 1/8 scale buggy if I were you. Try the LX pro it is a farely good beginier buggy. If you want something with a little more "oomph" get a Hyper 7 or a Kyosho. You could also try out the new XTM too.

Steve

ok thanks i may get the xtm

Make sure your hobby shop carries the parts in order to get the XTM running again. It would stick if you have to order online all the time. Then you will never be able to drive.

Steve

Almost got an XTM but decided against it due to the weak parts support locally. Think I would have had to order everything online for it. You do get alot of buggy for the money though. I went with the GS Storm and am happu with it. Good parts support both factory and aftermarket at my LHS. Agree with many of the earlier comments. Go with something in the 1/8 scale and stick with something you can readily get parts for. KYOSHO, OFNA, GS, LOSI and AE are all the names you hear at the stores and at the tracks. I did all my research in two places. Online and at the track. See what the folks at the tracks are using, talk to them and of course these forums for good info. Good luck in whatever you choose.

Good choice, I think you will be very happy with that buggy.

Steve

Back