Small scale bashers- anything bigger than 1/28?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glitch

RCTalk Qualifier
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi everybody!
Looking to buy a small scale car maybe 1/22-1/24 ish for bashing indoors and on pavement. I don’t care about style, street car buggy truggy sc whatever, prefer not to have a monster truck. Problem is, best thing I can find is smaller than I’d like- 1/28. I want something fully hobby grade and upgradable. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Really the only thing is mini z. There are mini z, and there is a 4x4 mini z platform. Not totally sure tho.

Traxxas / Latrax has small scale stuff

1/24 stuff like small scale crawlers and such.

Other than that, there isn't really anything that small scale that is hobby grade.

It's not 1:28 or that range but @Addict Rc had / has a small cheap run 1:64 (hot wheel sized) FPV jeep csr from Amazon. Pretty cool. But something worth mentioning.

Last edited:
Hi everybody!
Looking to buy a small scale car maybe 1/22-1/24 ish for bashing indoors and on pavement. I don’t care about style, street car buggy truggy sc whatever, prefer not to have a monster truck. Problem is, best thing I can find is smaller than I’d like- 1/28. I want something fully hobby grade and upgradable. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Whats up man, Sorry there isn't any thing that small for a basher. The smallest you'll find hobby grade basher would be 1/16. But nothing as small as you're looking for. If anything it would be none hobby grade. And maybe on Amazon if you do find something that tiny please post some picks.👍👍

Really the only thing is mini z. There are mini z, and there is a 4x4 mini z platform. Not totally sure tho.

Traxxas / Latrax has small scale stuff

1/24 stuff like small scale crawlers and such.

Other than that, there isn't really anything that small scale that is hobby grade.

It's not 1:28 or that range but @Addict Rc had / has a small cheap run 1:64 (hot wheel sized) FPV jeep csr from Amazon. Pretty cool. But something worth mentioning.
Thanks for the reply!
Whats up man, Sorry there isn't any thing that small for a basher. The smallest you'll find hobby grade basher would be 1/16. But nothing as small as you're looking for. If anything it would be none hobby grade. And maybe on Amazon if you do find something that tiny please post some picks.👍👍
I will! Right now I’m looking at giving a shot to the new wltoys “off road” 1/28 scale. I’ll update if it can handle the pavement :)

Oh yea. Forgot AE made those trucks. They have that, a SC28, and a 28th crawler, wonder if they have a 28th buggy.

Oh yea. Forgot AE made those trucks. They have that, a SC28, and a 28th crawler, wonder if they have a 28th buggy.
Sh*t I didn't even know they made those tiny little things. Bet they are fun to whip around. Like the merv and Latrax. Love the little merv

Wonder if there is upgrade and aftermarket parts for the AE models. Or even opinional parts or replacement parts. They dont look like there is much to them.. Better chance then the woltoy one, to have replacement parts. And aftermarket/ upgrade parts. Are wltoy rc fix able??

The WLtoys might be fixable. Some of their models like the bigger 1/14 to 1/10 stuff, they have full aluminum kits. But its from directly from them coming out of China or somewhere over there, and all those metal upgrades, deff not worth it. Some places are ok, some are not. Places like steering rack, hubs sure ok. Shock towers, ehh, arms, no.
Idk too much about all these minis. All that I got experience with is the Losi Mini b/t's.
I know the Traxxas 2wd lineup in and out. Upside down and right side up.
Getting to know more about the race kits with me getting into racing and all. And all the adjustments I can do.

The WLtoys might be fixable. Some of their models like the bigger 1/14 to 1/10 stuff, they have full aluminum kits. But its from directly from them coming out of China or somewhere over there, and all those metal upgrades, deff not worth it. Some places are ok, some are not. Places like steering rack, hubs sure ok. Shock towers, ehh, arms, no.
Idk too much about all these minis. All that I got experience with is the Losi Mini b/t's.
Oh for sure bud 100% agree with ya. Of course there is only aluminum kits for them. And when they dont know any better. And thinks they are getting upgrades. And throws all that weight on those little vehicles.

And everything goes up in smoke because of the added stress from the weight. Or after spending the money on aluminum. The parts still break. Then you have wasted twice the money for nothing.

Like you said, there are only a few parts and places you would want aluminum parts. Steering rack is definitely one, diff covers, shock bodies, hubs, but definitely not the entire car. Or a arms, shock towers bulkheads.

That's why most RTR's and RC's are mostly made of plastic. They all have breaking points. Designed into them from the factory. Start adding aluminum and weight and that breaking point. Starts to go further into the RC. And asking for more problems. Then you started with and more expensive.. NO aluminum for me sir bare minimal... 👍👍

Back