hi i put a big red .28 in my revo and put a 427 mach head on it

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TypeONegative

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
It fit perfectly there the same besides color, which should i run for looks? Red or silver? Thought the silver looked better not sure, opinions?

Attachments

• 20170116_214631.jpg
    20170116_214631.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 325
  • 14847725527031593030680.jpg
    14847725527031593030680.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 202
It fit perfectly there the same besides color, which should i run for looks? Red or silver? Thought the silver looked better not sure, opinions?

If the head works ,it looks good ,if you use the red head ,it would look good too ,but you will have
to change the name to Red head Rebel!......:hehe:

Nice Revo! I think the silver head goes well with the color of your RC. Nice job.

Hello nice revo!!! I had a question what engine mount did you use? I guess I got into the engine conversion stuff to late :( I cannot find any bb engine mounts anymore been hunting for a new era one. Wish someone had a copy to have some machined up

Hello nice revo!!! I had a question what engine mount did you use? I guess I got into the engine conversion stuff to late :( I cannot find any bb engine mounts anymore been hunting for a new era one. Wish someone had a copy to have some machined up
Umm... what's going on...
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/threads/new-era-engine-mount-for-a-revo.113555/#post-1109284
Hey anyone who is looking for new era conversion I know someone who is selling them he has made them based on the new era kits and fixed all flaws the new era had comes with all attachments as well just found him and the mounts are amazing fits engines all the way to .32 he has a YouTube channel that's how I found him and they are very good constructed mount

I'm not great at math, but this isn't adding up.

Found the conversion from a guy in Edmonton. Why do you need math and what's not adding up? Is there a problem with someone looking for something then finding it? You trying to say something?

IMG_0524.PNG

Last edited:
Do you have pics of the mounts? Who is the guy? Is it a machine shop or hobby shop or something? How much are they?

I'm sorry, I skated right by it. I thought it was an ad. My mistake. So do you know this person or is this just an ad from eBay?

He told me that he gets them made from a cnc shop. go to you tube and enter ckeithnitro all one word it will show up and you can contact him threw YouTube he has his email address listed as well I order a few I posted this to let the forum know that I had found them today.
IMG_0524.PNG

I am curious about the quality and fit. Please post how it works out for you. Thanks for the link.

Found the conversion from a guy in Edmonton. Why do you need math and what's not adding up? Is there a problem with someone looking for something then finding it? You trying to say something?

View attachment 19033
Just seemed odd is all. One post saying you wanted one, then another saying you know where to get them.

Didn't realize he was still making them. Racer 1966 on this forum made a couple. I have one of his prototype's and an actual New Era one as well. I have his prototype in my BB revo currently with the new era one in a drawer if I get fed up with the 21TM in my other revo.

Just seemed odd is all. One post saying you wanted one, then another saying you know where to get them.

Didn't realize he was still making them. Racer 1966 on this forum made a couple. I have one of his prototype's and an actual New Era one as well. I have his prototype in my BB revo currently with the new era one in a drawer if I get fed up with the 21TM in my other revo.
No worries how is his kit? He is going to be sending me a couple he is getting some made when I spoke to home via email yesterday. And ya I would b a lil fishy to if one minute someone is looking then all of sudden

Racer 1966 just made the mount. He said it was "rough", but I didn't think it was that bad. It was a solid single piece, unlike new era's that allowed for the ears the engine bolts to to move. Honestly, until I saw some other guys post up photo's, I never thought to move the ears to fit a 1/8 clutch. I moved my trans forward instead. lol

I put photo's of it here in the original thread I made in 2013:
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/threads/new-revo-big-block-mount-in-town.105090/#post-1100724

My ISP dropped their personal website service, so I uploaded photo's again later in the thread a while back.

Your still going to have to figure out a header/pipe combo that will work. The easiest is going with a side pipe, which I ran for a while. Then I got the THS BB pipe, but it didn't fit with the NE mount without sticking the engine end of the pipe way up in the air. So, I took an old Aftershock header, cut it up and bent it as gently as I could, then used a heavy duty piece of re-enforced silicone for a coupler to put the two header pieces back together. Has worked just fine for 3 years.

Most of the side pipe's I saw back in the day had the pipe angled all weird because the header wasn't long enough to get the rear of the pipe out past the mount. I used an old warhead header, cut it and used a coupler with that too. It worked really well, but I like the look of the rear exhaust better.

This was the side exhaust setup I had:
2012-0108-RevoTopBodyOff.jpg

2012-0108-RevoExhaustSide.jpg

And my front pipe hanger. Got tired of having the wire break on me repeatedly, so I cobbled together a piece of 1/4" cold rolled steel and a short heavy wire just to the pipe, so the 1/4" was taking most of the abuse. Never had an issue after that.
2012-0108-RevoExhaustMount.jpg

Last edited:
This is the traxxas bb kit, olds you got me thinking i should put the red one back on.

Racer 1966 just made the mount. He said it was "rough", but I didn't think it was that bad. It was a solid single piece, unlike new era's that allowed for the ears the engine bolts to to move. Honestly, until I saw some other guys post up photo's, I never thought to move the ears to fit a 1/8 clutch. I moved my trans forward instead. lol

I put photo's of it here in the original thread I made in 2013:
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/threads/new-revo-big-block-mount-in-town.105090/#post-1100724

My ISP dropped their personal website service, so I uploaded photo's again later in the thread a while back.

Your still going to have to figure out a header/pipe combo that will work. The easiest is going with a side pipe, which I ran for a while. Then I got the THS BB pipe, but it didn't fit with the NE mount without sticking the engine end of the pipe way up in the air. So, I took an old Aftershock header, cut it up and bent it as gently as I could, then used a heavy duty piece of re-enforced silicone for a coupler to put the two header pieces back together. Has worked just fine for 3 years.

Most of the side pipe's I saw back in the day had the pipe angled all weird because the header wasn't long enough to get the rear of the pipe out past the mount. I used an old warhead header, cut it and used a coupler with that too. It worked really well, but I like the look of the rear exhaust better.

This was the side exhaust setup I had:
2012-0108-RevoTopBodyOff.jpg

2012-0108-RevoExhaustSide.jpg

And my front pipe hanger. Got tired of having the wire break on me repeatedly, so I cobbled together a piece of 1/4" cold rolled steel and a short heavy wire just to the pipe, so the 1/4" was taking most of the abuse. Never had an issue after that.
2012-0108-RevoExhaustMount.jpg
Nice ya this guys had a cnc company pretty much duplicate the new era one but he said he made it better then the new era, he has both and he corrected all flaws the new era had and made one,the kit it self looks pretty bad ass I will see when I get them.

Attachments

• 20170121_004700.jpg
    20170121_004700.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 190
  • 20170115_193015.jpg
    20170115_193015.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 150
  • 20170121_004736.jpg
    20170121_004736.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
I changed it around, thanks everyone for the complements it is very fast, but wont keep up to the e revo.

Just opened it can't hold it wide open down the road if i tried, to much power

Red engine head back on

Smack my head ...DOH
But you changed the body...your suppose to keep the white body with the red head!.....LOL