Hey Everybody!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin_R

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey everyone, this is my first post on this forum. I bought my first nitro rc car off a friend of mine for a $100 bucks a couple years back, ever since then I loved the hobby. I'm kinda of newb at this stuff, but I know a little bit. I'm not sure if it's a Rc10gt or a Rc10gt RTR? I'm pretty sure it's a RTR because when I googled it, the same body came up with it (lost the body.. need to buy a new one). What's the difference between the two? I will a post pic. Anyways it runs great and have had no problems with it what so ever. I got a couple extra bucks left over from my paycheck, so question is what can I do to it as of performace wise/pimp it out.

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC05030.JPG
    DSC05030.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 77
RTR is just a refrence they use on models that supposedly come "Ready To Run".. Meaning basically the kit is already put together, motor/electronics installed, and comes with a radio, servos, body, etc.. Even though some may actually have everything needed to go, straight from the box, (meaning batteries for the radio, rx, etc.) you still need to look over the model and make sure all the screws are tight, gears are meshed properly, etc, etc.. In your case, if it came with everything ya need to run it, it would be considered the "RTR" edition.. If it was just the basic kit, w/o motor and electronics, it'd just be the basic RC10GT.. Hope that helps, and didnt confuse ya more.. :D Welcome to the forum!

PS: As for "pimpin it out", it looks pretty good already. But you could always add some aluminum hubs or arms, or new wheels tires or maybe a new body that ya custom paint.. Just remember if ya get aluminum parts, sometimes that stuff bends or causes something else futher down the line to break, if they dont.. Alot of times aluminum is more for show, than go.. But for stuff like hubs, I dont think ya can go wrong with aluminum. Just be weary of aluminum arms and shock towers, etc..

Last edited:
And Stay away from integy. . .because if it says integy on the package, it goess in the garbage

RTR is just a refrence they use on models that supposedly come "Ready To Run".. Meaning basically the kit is already put together, motor/electronics installed, and comes with a radio, servos, body, etc.. Even though some may actually have everything needed to go, straight from the box, (meaning batteries for the radio, rx, etc.) you still need to look over the model and make sure all the screws are tight, gears are meshed properly, etc, etc.. In your case, if it came with everything ya need to run it, it would be considered the "RTR" edition.. If it was just the basic kit, w/o motor and electronics, it'd just be the basic RC10GT.. Hope that helps, and didnt confuse ya more.. :D Welcome to the forum!

PS: As for "pimpin it out", it looks pretty good already. But you could always add some aluminum hubs or arms, or new wheels tires or maybe a new body that ya custom paint.. Just remember if ya get aluminum parts, sometimes that stuff bends or causes something else futher down the line to break, if they dont.. Alot of times aluminum is more for show, than go.. But for stuff like hubs, I dont think ya can go wrong with aluminum. Just be weary of aluminum arms and shock towers, etc..

Ohhh ok, I understand. Very helpful. Thanks.. I was thinking of getting a different exhaust.. what would you recommend?

And Stay away from integy. . .because if it says integy on the package, it goess in the garbage

What's integy?

exactly. . integy is a company that makes really crappy parts

+1 on that rob, integy is junk with NO customer service and NO warranty. all that stuff is good for is wasting time effort and money on.

And their parts are way overpriced as well......

Ohhh alright, thanks! I know now not to buy from integy!:D

What's a good site to order parts from?

I prefer a foam bumper, that way the shock of the impact doesn't just get absorbed completely by the chassis the bumper will take some of the thud.