hey chubaka look what i got!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Chubaka does it look like the truck is in the high gear setting? I'm thinking i need to switch the transmission around for the slower torque method?

also... i wanted an infraction.. cause i think a drift truck is just friking cool
how hard would it be to make this thing into a drift truck? not going to cause i want to tow heavy loads with this so am going 180 degree different direction than speed. buuuut
could i make it just go hella fast and melt tires? i think that would be dope.
may be trying to get a second to lower and drift with lol

@Chubaka does it look like the truck is in the high gear setting? I'm thinking i need to switch the transmission around for the slower torque method?

also... i wanted an infraction.. cause i think a drift truck is just friking cool
how hard would it be to make this thing into a drift truck? not going to cause i want to tow heavy loads with this so am going 180 degree different direction than speed. buuuut
For drifting lockers will help and should last due to no traction. I would duct tape the tires or pcc to get them slippery.

In its factory form, I can in the warehouse. Outside it rolls. In the grass it will sometimes catch the rear wheel.

I'm assuming it's in torque mode right now. Flipping my gears got me hauling ass.

You will rethink how cool it is, when you find out how expensive tires get, when you start burning through them. 😜 but it is wicked cool! 🤣

You will rethink how cool it is, when you find out how expensive tires get, when you start burning through them. 😜 but it is wicked cool! 🤣
Shew I already know
Over 100 for tires
And I gotta figure out what tires I even want before I order 6 of em
I'd definitely need a second truck for all that
Mines a tow rig
Want torque and weight to pull

My man is point on. I'm looking at going to 19s eventually. I also want tge stock wheels in aluminum wheels for the shelf. https://store.rc4wd.com/Double-Trouble-3-Aluminum-Dually-19-Wheels_p_4345.html
19??!! Those are the forst rims I've seen under 200 nice!

we got some air

442014561_367241972501955_1590719132743255305_n.jpg

441157290_731044355656364_447542872232051848_n.jpg

in this clip, i try to tow 4 12 packs. i sort of failed? i mean i feel like if my trailer was aluminum or about anything other than the plastic it is made out of it would have pulled better. and the tires on it are janky.
how would i change them? the trailer tires i mean. not like physically how would i , obviously i take off the hex and remove the wheel, i mean more like HOW would i change them.... would i extend the axle out past the trailer and throw some 1.9's on it? do i put firmer tires on it and deal with it? do i put suspension of some sort on it? if so I'm lost lol
if i was going to add or change anything on the trailer, i feel like adding a set of wheels nearer the front would help, as well as bracing the neck beam where it meets the trailer as it flexes a LOT there and its clear that going to be the first failure point.
about to hit the web to learn about RC trailers to see how i would be best able to repair and improve on this trailer.
but if anyone has experience with similar projects I'd love to hear advice or just read your posts about it.

now that i have a key to remove my lugs i ordered a set of knockoff tires for her, Don't judge me for going the cheap route, 6 tires are pricey!
71pETcizo6L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I'm going to just cut the factory tires off the american force rims and reapply these knock off hyrax tires, mainly cause 6 new wheels is also cost prohibitive, but also i dig these force rims, they are dope.

I wonder if you could add something like the front nose gear to an rc plane to the front end. It would help support weight and still be able to pivot so it wouldn't make steering difficult like adding another axle would.
Something similar to this.
EFL7811_A0_0EQ4P4IA.jpg

I kept yelling at my phone "move the pop to the front of the trailer!" And "turn them longways with the trailer". You'd never make it in the shipping department 😅

That looks like a lot of fun dude. Get some firm tire inserts for those trailer tires. The trailer was actually fairly sturdy considering you stacked the pop on there the wrong direction. Turning them 90° would spread the load on the trailer better. We gotta see this again after some tweaking, and some grip tape installed on your ramp to the porch.

in this clip, i try to tow 4 12 packs. i sort of failed? i mean i feel like if my trailer was aluminum or about anything other than the plastic it is made out of it would have pulled better. and the tires on it are janky.
how would i change them? the trailer tires i mean. not like physically how would i , obviously i take off the hex and remove the wheel, i mean more like HOW would i change them.... would i extend the axle out past the trailer and throw some 1.9's on it? do i put firmer tires on it and deal with it? do i put suspension of some sort on it? if so I'm lost lol
if i was going to add or change anything on the trailer, i feel like adding a set of wheels nearer the front would help, as well as bracing the neck beam where it meets the trailer as it flexes a LOT there and its clear that going to be the first failure point.
about to hit the web to learn about RC trailers to see how i would be best able to repair and improve on this trailer.
but if anyone has experience with similar projects I'd love to hear advice or just read your posts about it.

now that i have a key to remove my lugs i ordered a set of knockoff tires for her, Don't judge me for going the cheap route, 6 tires are pricey!View attachment 190739
I'm going to just cut the factory tires off the american force rims and reapply these knock off hyrax tires, mainly cause 6 new wheels is also cost prohibitive, but also i dig these force rims, they are dope.
You should have bought Diet Pepsi. :D

I kept yelling at my phone "move the pop to the front of the trailer!" And "turn them longways with the trailer". You'd never make it in the shipping department 😅

That looks like a lot of fun dude. Get some firm tire inserts for those trailer tires. The trailer was actually fairly sturdy considering you stacked the pop on there the wrong direction. Turning them 90° would spread the load on the trailer better. We gotta see this again after some tweaking, and some grip tape installed on your ramp to the porch.
no i hear you bro, i know the load was spread poorly, i was afraid of the arm breaking, as it is pretty weak, but its all i have so i am not ready to break it yet
its entirely 3d printed, i got sorta bad deal on it paid same price as a guy i saw an hour later his were aluminum with lights lol, mines pretty rough upon closer inspection. but I'm not complaining about my beloved trailer i just want to improve her,
why couldnt i just slap some rails and bolts and sturdy her up a bit? well other than id mess up my onliest trailer ....

no i hear you bro, i know the load was spread poorly, i was afraid of the arm breaking, as it is pretty weak, but its all i have so i am not ready to break it yet
its entirely 3d printed, i got sorta bad deal on it paid same price as a guy i saw an hour later his were aluminum with lights lol, mines pretty rough upon closer inspection. but I'm not complaining about my beloved trailer i just want to improve her,
why couldnt i just slap some rails and bolts and sturdy her up a bit? well other than id mess up my onliest trailer ....
You can get small aluminum angle and screw it to the outer edges under the trailer. Some flat aluminum bar on the gooseneck would help too. Drill some screws through, and use Shoe Goo as well.

That's the thing about 3d printed stuff. It's not real strong carrying a load like that. I printed this one, and it's hard to see, but I printed some beams that screwed under it that had a slight bow in them. The trailer will carry a lot heavier load than the tires can handle. But it mainly only carries plastic pallets with boxes and such on them.

FB_IMG_1626989261729.jpg

You can get small aluminum angle and screw it to the outer edges under the trailer. Some flat aluminum bar on the gooseneck would help too. Drill some screws through, and use Shoe Goo as well.

That's the thing about 3d printed stuff. It's not real strong carrying a load like that. I printed this one, and it's hard to see, but I printed some beams that screwed under it that had a slight bow in them. The trailer will carry a lot heavier load than the tires can handle. But it mainly only carries plastic pallets with boxes and such on them.

View attachment 190746
thats exact;y what i was hoping would wqork, reinforcing the frame and the A of the goose neck for sure. glad i was on the right track!

Swapping my tires and running into problems
1 tires are noticeably larger and I don't think the body is gonna fit back on... need lift kit?
2 tires are significantly wider and don't want to seat properly
3 I got 1.9 instead of 2.2
I've watched videos and allegedly they will stretch over the rim regardless
4the back side of the tire folds over on itself

Do I just apply the glue as is? It wouldn't be glues to the rim if I do it would just be glued to itself? Is that acceptable?
I think k I should have bitten the bullet and gotten new rims
I've already cut one off now too late we fukd

20240526_173519.jpg

20240526_173500.jpg

20240526_173500.jpg

20240526_160751.jpg

Those tires are a LOT bigger. You're going to want to lower your pinion gear by a few teeth to compensate.

If you don't get them to seat properly, they aren't going to glue properly. Any reason you went with 1.9 tires instead of 2.2?

Those tires are a LOT bigger. You're going to want to lower your pinion gear by a few teeth to compensate.

If you don't get them to seat properly, they aren't going to glue properly. Any reason you went with 1.9 tires instead of 2.2?
because I'm dumb. I've already started the return of this set ( then cancelled it cause ill use em on something else muahahahaa) am going to order a set of 2.2 and a whole new set of chrome rims, the factory rims arent nearly as pricey as aftermarket sets, ( dont look as nice either lol)
but a set of 6 new rims will run a little under 50 bucks, thats acceptable.
so new plan, order new rims, then order new 2.2 tires, I'm worried I'm going to need to add a lift kit to it for the tires to fit. i dont want a lifted truck gdmnt.
i like em lowered if anything..... regardless the cen is out of commision untill i get new wheels as i cut the rightr passenger tire off. good times. i was so nervous to do this and decided screw it ima do it... should have waited lol. oof classic.

The f450 uses 2.6 wheels.