Helpful little tip

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F-Bomb

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I was having problems with my igniter wire (blue) getting frayed when I would flip my truck. Sooo after replasing the wire several times I decided to give it some added strength. I bought a new wire and before putting it on I put heat shrink tubing over it melted it down then added another peice of heat shrink over that and did the same. I have had the same wire now for over 4 months and it is still in perfect condition. Heat shrink tubing is inexpensive and has saved me a bunch of time replacing wires when I can be out bashing. Hope this Helps some of you out!

If I'm not mistaken, you can also run it through the fins of the engine head instead of over the top of the head. This keeps it from being in between the engine and the ground on roll overs.

Then you put zipties on your head (if your protector is gone) to protect the head.

75MVC-191F.jpg

Or a less elaborate one:
3245Zilla02.jpg

Last edited:
thats a great idea too! just bought a new head for my maxx have to give that a shot!