help with non runner

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bhalay207

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi,

I've took my thunder tiger ssk v2 out today on some rough terrain, usually used by bmxs, built up in a forest. After a couple of hours bashing it around, its come to a stop. The engine is revving up, and by the look of it the drive shaft is spinning, but its got no drive. I've not had chance to strip it down yet, but just thought id see what your opinions were?

Its worth mentioning that its only running on FWD as I'm still sourcing a rear driveshaft.

Thanks

Sounds like you tore up the differencial.:whhooo:

At first i thought clutch but when i saw the d/shaft turn i thought diff. I've just changed the case. I greased the diff up when i had the case apart, was this a bad move?

Just make sure you didn't shear the pins at the ends of the drive shaft.:D

Yeah, thats a good thought, I'm struggeling sourcing a rear one so if I've fluffed the front one, ill be mad, but hey, its all about repairing, breaking and repairing again lol

If you got a hobby shop by you take the old drive shaft with you and you may be able to match it up with something from another manufacturer.;)

---------- Post added at 3:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:49 PM ----------

Check tower hobbies web site they have thunder tiger and they ship international shouldnt be much for small parts.

I've just stripped my truck down, and the diff looks fine, however it looked like the part which comes into contact with the driveshaft had come slightly loose. Surely this isnt right. The transmission case is fine. I've re seated it and it seems to be contacting the large cog connected to the outer front shafts. I've started the engine and it seems to be turning all the correct parts :-S I'm confused to say the least

Are you talking about the diff cup? Those usually have either a set screw or a screw pin keying them onto the shaft. If you lost that screw, you'd surely lose the drive power.

no, its not the diff cub, that seems to be attached correctly. What i was referring to was this

diffsetup.gif

Where part 1, comes into contact with part 2, it seem to have come loose, i've re seated it and it seemed to be ok. i've just took it out for a test run, and its still got no drive. I've made a little video to show the running parts just incase anyone can see anything i can't

th_MOV_0520.gif

Hold the back wheel with it running give it a little gas see if that rear drive shaft stops turning it could be in the trans.If not i know its a pain in the ass but i would tear the diff down completely and go through every part and reassemble from the begining.:D

your clutch bell didnt seem to be spinning as fast as it shoulda been spinning.. I dont know if anyone else noticed that at all

My money is on part # PD1622. The spider gears or out drives could be roasted.

it doesn't have a part number pd1622 :S

Sorry to sound thick guys, its the first time i've really delved into a nitro car with repairs

Um,,,you be right. Meant to say PD1644. They're inside the diff carrier assy. sorry for the mix up.

Back