Help with a more precise remote

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
your issue isnt the radio its all the electronics in that rc..a new radio will not get you what your after..like grey said also..id just get ride of present rc and get a new 1.. brushless...

Sorry, Feelin a bit on the blunt side. Work stressing me out today. If it were me Id look at getting a Traxxas VXL of some sort cuz you're not gonna want to spend the money on a sensored system. Send the other one back if you can. A Traxxas VXL kit is probably gonna cost ya $300-$400 but you could always just keep it as something to have fun with after your project is over. Theres a lot of parts support for the Traxxas kits unlike the cheap Chinesium brands so you can keep it for a long time to come even if a part wears out or breaks. Thats my .02 anyway

I am not completely clear on your filming objectives. What is the top speed you will want to be running at? Would a rock-crawler be more appropriate to your needs?

I am not completely clear on your filming objectives. What is the top speed you will want to be running at? Would a rock-crawler be more appropriate to your needs?
That is what I was trying to get at. For low speed conttol a crawler would be ideal. But if he needs to go faster, a crawler would be too slow, unless he goes with something with a 2 speed trans. But even then, 20-30mph is not going to be something a crawler can do and be in his price range.

There is the HG P407 (Tamiya Bruise clone). It goes maybe 15-20mph in high gear, and goes pretty slow in low gear. But it is a solid axle scale rig on cheap springy leaf springs with air shocks. It wouldn't be very smooth running for a camera.

If you can pick up a second hand one, you can at least try it out first before you buy, that way, you can get everything you want.

Back