Help want 1 mile range nitro rc

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hypotheermia

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello I am new to the rc world and I was wondering if there was a way to get like 1 mile range on the nitro car or what.

I don't know of any receivers that have that long of a range or why you would need it but how do you plan see it when its that far away?

I don't know of any receivers that have that long of a range or why you would need it but how do you plan see it when its that far away?
FPV ;)

To get that kind of range you are probably going to be looking at joystick type tx's for rc aircraft. I don't know of any car tx's that would have that kind of range. You are surely going to be doing FPV on this because you can't see an RC car that is a mile away. So your VTX and goggle setup is going to have to be long range devices as well. Why do you need to be a mile away from your RC?

Last edited:
What are you trying to do like drive it with the camera on and go far away from home with it? Because 1 miles pretty far from ever seeing the car again. If it's a Nitro you're not going to go but so far because of Tanks last for at least depending on the size sometimes 15-20 minutes.

Why would you want a radio system that will go that far where you can't see nothing? I mean if you're going to drive from your house as far as watching door camera get Electric.

Just with Nitro you can have problems and then you're stuck wherever your car is?

I don't even know if I'm making sense of some of the things I'm saying?

But the point is that you need something that's enough so your car can be within seeing range from your distance and control.

my area has a closed off runway type deal and i wanna be able to drive it one way all the way and back.
Note since then I have found this type of set up and I think that is exactlywhat I was looking for. Seems pretty complicated tho.

I think the old aircraft style 72 Mhz only had a range of a 1/4 mile!
Not saying it is impossible ,but would need on board screen to see
that far!...🤔

I think the old aircraft style 72 Mhz only had a range of a 1/4 mile!
Not saying it is impossible ,but would need on board screen to see
that far!...🤔
Yeah, I had an old Futaba Jr that had some good range, but nothing close to a mile.

The DJI stuff will go much much farther than a mile, so it's not hard to do. I think the Mavic 2 Pro will go out to 6 mile range? But the battery will be long gone before you get there. I have seen 3.5+ mile range tests.

Yeah, I had an old Futaba Jr that had some good range, but nothing close to a mile.

The DJI stuff will go much much farther than a mile, so it's not hard to do. I think the Mavic 2 Pro will go out to 6 mile range? But the battery will be long gone before you get there. I have seen 3.5+ mile range tests.

Yea ,I wasn't sure how far that stuff got ,however ,they must be able to get far
out there ,as when you mentioned it with some of those drones that I seen fly
on those land scape scenes ,they had them pretty far ,especially mountain peaks!.. :thumbs-up:

Good call ,as I do think that there is a guy that posted some of that here in this
forum not too long ago ,over on the ,maybe in this section or the drone section!..:thumbs-up:

I think some FPV systems can get close to that, but one question, how do you expect a nitro RC to make it that far without refilling the tank?

If you are going to refill the tank, wouldn't that render the 1-mile range useless?

A nitro car could go a mile out and back. My Jato would do about 60 mph (I am guessing here). So a 2 mile distance would only take a couple minutes. And it would run quite awhile longer than that when I was doing speed runs in the huge parking lots in Indy.