help trying to get it running again

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norcalstrokin

RCTalk Rookie
Active Military
Reaction score
Hello everyone!! I'm new to forums and I recently got a revo and a T-max for free from one of my buddys in my platoon! they don't run or start so I'm wondering where I should start on trying to fix them. I'll do other thread for the T-max in the right section. the one the right is the revo. it came with a lot of extra parts. thanks in advance for all the help y'all well be giving me! they came with a box of extra parts still in the plastic so hopefully I have some parts to get them running! the revo rolls around like nothing so I'm pretty something is also wrong with the transmission. lol thanks again!

20140112_155638.gif

Okay. Let's start by telling us what you've tried so far.
You have new fuel and you have fresh batteries in the Tx and the Rx, right? The throttle servo and steering servo will activate with the radio controls? Trigger works the throttle and brake, wheel works the steering?
You've tested the glow plug?
Are you using the EZ start wand? Do you get 2 green lights when the button is pressed? What happens when it's spinning? Getting compression? Is it sputtering like it's trying to start? Is it just chugging against the compression? Does it seem to be spinning freely? Does it spit raw fuel out the exhaust pipe?

Those questions will apply to both trucks since they're both Traxxas nitros and once you give us that info we'll go on from there.

+1 with Rolex here. Kinda need some extra info to get you started in the right direction.

okay well ill start with the revo!
it has new fuel.
remote has fresh batterys in it.
throttle and steering servos activate.
how do you test the glow plug?
yes i am using a EZ start wand.
the motor light is green but not the glow plug is seems like it flashes really quick but not as if it was lit.
it feels like its wanting to start but it just keeps doing that. it seems like it starts out strong but then starts to die down.
no it doesn't spit raw fuel out of the exhaust.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

now for the T-max.
new fuel.
fresh batteries in the remote.
throttle servo and steering servo well activate but well stop working after a couple of seconds of pulling the trigger and turning. seems to be a sort of buzzing noise not loud but you can hear it.
how do you test glow plug?
yes on the EZ start wand.
only the motor light turns on. glow plug stays of or dim.
it seems like it wants to start but it just keeps turning over.
no raw fuel out of the exhaust.

First we verify a good glow plug. I'd highly recommend a new one, but let's test the one you have, first.
Remove it from the engine, reconnect the blue wire and hold the side of the plug against the engine while pressing the start button. The starter motor will spin the engine and if the plug is good it will glow brightly.
Let us know what you get.

there is no glow on either of them

Hmmmm sounds like a connection problem in the wand,look at where the wand connects and make sure all the contacts are good, not corroded ect, did you ground the glow plug against the engine when you tested like rolex said?

Last edited:
Personally I wont run anything with the exceed name or integy,
Dubro
Team losi
Racers edge are a few good ones, I like the ones that have a voltage meter

Shipping is like 15.00 lol so ill be going to a local hobby store and see if they have any and some glow plugs. Thanks for the info so far! Does nitro get old?

The fuel does, as for the rc never! Lol

The fuel does, as for the rc never! Lol

Yeah that's what I meant the fuel. Lol I'm anxious about getting them running. Is there something bigger than the 3.3 that can fit in them?

Let's start with a good ignitor, new glow plugs, brand new batteries in the Tx and the Rx and fresh fuel. That's the only way to know what we are dealing with when we can't hold them in our hands.
When you have that and you're ready to start, let us know.
You'll probably have to give the ignitor and the start wand an overnight charge. If you skimp on charging, it won't help us to help you since the plug will never be able to get hot enough, and if the fuel is old it won't ignite properly.
Once it's running good you'll be able to see if it will run on the old fuel, but we can't rely on it for trouble shooting.

Okay sweet! Ill get right on that! Do you know of any good websites that not too bad on pricing shipping? None of stores around here have any of that so ill be getting it online!

If all else fails Ebay is your friend

If you are not getting a good solid green light on the glow plug I would charge the starter wand battery first. I had the same thing happen and all it waswas a low wand battery. It turned over fine, however with a fully charged battery there was definetly a difference.

Going to be ordering everything tomorrow if the fully charged battery doesn't do it. Going to check eBay and hopefully have some deals!