HELP traxxas nitro rc project

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbedrus

RC Newbie
Reaction score
20150924_225034.jpg
Picked up a nitro rc someone was throwing out, and i want to get it running again. I have close to no knowledge with nitro rc cars although i do i work with motorcycles so i understand the basics of the motor. i know it is a traxxas but not sure of the model. any answers would help a lot. Also from the looks of it, i think it is missing a pull start and a receiver? like i said, i have no idea how to start or use it, and have no idea exactly what it is missing. My problem is that I don't know where to begin with it.. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

It looks like it will need a glow plug ingniter and it is a bump-start which requires a a starter box (which is used in place of a pull-start). It's an older model, I'm just not sure which one. You might want to look into a fail-safe to prevent a run-away or a newer 2.4 GHz radio which includes the fail-safe and is less prone to "glitching" than the older 27 MHz radio you show in the picture.

That's an old Nitro Hawk, you can find parts listings and diagrams here.