HELP! Steering question/problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthonycomer

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
i have a kyosho fazer and i was in the middle of attempting to tune the engine this afternoon, i was tweaking, doing a couple of runs an tweaking more, and then all of a sudden the steering wouldnt work? now it just wont respond to the controller, still goes foward an brakes, but no turn? i only put new batterys in last week so doubt thats the problem, any help or advice would me amazing :)

thanks Anthony

Servo could be bad. Make sure your batteries are all new again just in case and if you still have no steering at all then its time for a new steering servo. I recommend hitech or savox servos.

before you buy another servo, did you check the receiver to make sure that the steering servo plug just didn't work its way loose?

Didnt think of that! Good call. I've actually had it happen to me before on an old 27mhz trq radio.

Thanks for all the advice, i will fit new batterys and check all connections tomorrow and get back to you guys, hopefully it is something simple, don't really want to have to spend more money on it because it wasn't cheap....

Anthony

Another good idea is to replace the alkaline batteries with a good 5-cell NiMH rechargeable pack. This will give you better voltage and current stability than the alkaline batteries used in less expensive trucks.

Unplug the wire for your steering and plug it into the slot for your throttle, then see if it responds (when you pull on the throttle control.) If it does, check your connection in the receiver. If it does not, you probably need to change out your steering servo.

I have done all the checks that you guys Surggested, and all of a sudden it started to work again!! I think one of the wires must have become loose. Thanks for the advice everybody

Anthony

---------- Post added at 3:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:00 PM ----------

I have done all the checks that you guys Surggested, and all of a sudden it started to work again!! I think one of the wires must have become loose. Thanks for the advice everybody

Anthony

Back