Help please ,,all new to me

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harlow123

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi people,,my boys car keeps cutting out ,,sep for the steering, was playing up,,put new battery in and was fine ,,but has started to happen again,,?

Also other car seems to go better in reverse,,the 4 wheels go better more power backwards and idea đź’ˇ please people? Thanks gor your time, lee

Which RC do you have, and what electronics? Brushed? Brushless? Post some pics if you aren't sure

Hi mate,,il put the pictures on here,the blue one is the one cutting out,,thanks for your time
20220205_142526.jpg

Hi mate,,il put the pictures on here,the blue one is the one cutting out,,thanks for your time
20220205_142526.jpg

Attachments

• 20220205_142547.jpg
    20220205_142547.jpg
    490 KB · Views: 37
Could you please take a pic of it without the body? Also, who makes the RC so that I can try to find out more about it.

These 2

Attachments

• 20220205_142824.jpg
    20220205_142824.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 20220205_142821.jpg
    20220205_142821.jpg
    523.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 20220205_142821.jpg
    20220205_142821.jpg
    523.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 20220205_142824.jpg
    20220205_142824.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 34
Your from over seas? Are these hobby grade RC's. Not to sound like a di*k.
Any way to take a pic of the rc's with out the body? The cover of manual doesn't do anything for us to help you bud...the cutting out sounds like a binding calibration problem. And the other faster in reverse almost like the wire are backwards on motor or esc

Lol,,yer there both under ÂŁ100 ,
But thanks for your time,,yer I'm in the UK mate

Are your batteries fully charged? When it cuts out, check the voltage with either your charger, LiPo checker, or multimeter. Also, the motor wires may be mixed around on the one with the faster reverse.

Are your batteries fully charged? When it cuts out, check the voltage with either your charger, LiPo checker, or multimeter. Also, the motor wires may be mixed around on the one with the faster reverse.
I'm pretty sure he doesn't have any of that bud. They are not hobby grade they are both under 100$ a pc.. sad part is probably won't be able to fix them anyway. Just throw away and get new ones..
I mentioned the motor wire. I actually have then reversed on my one grasshopper because it has more power that way lol..
Lol,,yer there both under ÂŁ100 ,
But thanks for your time,,yer I'm in the UK mate
If you and the kids like the RC's. Look into traxxas or arrma.. you can pick up buggies or smaller 1/16 trucks. Which are under 200$. That can be upgraded fix pretty much anything you want to them. The store bought ones you can't really do anything with them. Did they get wet at all even the littlest bit. If so they are done... sorry to say it.. but the store bought RCs are fun for about a month.. sometimes less..

I'm pretty sure he doesn't have any of that bud. They are not hobby grade they are both under 100$ a pc.. sad part is probably won't be able to fix them anyway. Just throw away and get new ones..
I mentioned the motor wire. I actually have then reversed on my one grasshopper because it has more power that way lol..

If you and the kids like the RC's. Look into traxxas or arrma.. you can pick up buggies or smaller 1/16 trucks. Which are under 200$. That can be upgraded fix pretty much anything you want to them. The store bought ones you can't really do anything with them. Did they get wet at all even the littlest bit. If so they are done... sorry to say it.. but the store bought RCs are fun for about a month.. sometimes less..
+1
Arrma is definitely the best bang for your buck with their 3s line, but they are a little pricy now due to inflation. :(
I recommend avoiding the Traxxas 1/16 line as I heard about many issues with the drivetrain. The differentials have some issues with stripping out.
A Losi Mini B/T would be a great choice as you can also use it for racing and they have tons of upgrades and parts available for cheap.

+1
Arrma is definitely the best bang for your buck with their 3s line, but they are a little pricy now due to inflation. :(
I recommend avoiding the Traxxas 1/16 line as I heard about many issues with the drivetrain. The differentials have some issues with stripping out.
A Losi Mini B/T would be a great choice as you can also use it for racing and they have tons of upgrades and parts available for cheap.
Way issues have you heard i haven't had one issue with my merv. It goes everywhere with me it's a blast... badas* little truck takes a beating and keeps coming back for more .. don't think they are thinking about racing. And traxxas has some of the biggest aftermarket support out there. So why don't you like traxxas and please don't say because you hear bad things
16441712789816883537924537742001.jpg

Your cutting out issues could be that it's overheating or your lipo's aren't up to the task and are dumping on you. 2S lipo's are pretty cheap, you could try getting a better brand of those.

While not "high end", they are upgradeable to a point probably.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003173232982.html

Appears to have an all-in-one receiver/esc that's 35A and doesn't appear to have a heat sink on it, so extended running will likely overheat it.

But there are parts/upgrades for it and if you really wanted to, you could likely replace the electronics with better stuff, but likely not worth it as then you will probably tear up the diffs.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000824130423.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.4a4131cfY42Qd6&algo_pvid=b5dce23d-ce17-4c2e-8858-0fad11bb7ffd&algo_exp_id=b5dce23d-ce17-4c2e-8858-0fad11bb7ffd-14&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id":"10000008640791506"}&pdp_pi=-1;9.76;-1;-1@salePrice;USD;search-mainSearch

If you are thinking your wanting to get into it more, it would be worth finding a hobby shop you can drive to to see what they have, so you know what you can easily get parts for without waiting.

Back