HELP - Parachute for Bungee Hi-start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REVO-5309

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys, i have been looking for the last few days. i can't find any info on how to make a parachute for a bungee histart system. check out the video below to see what I'm talking about.

basically it needs to have string/fishing line going through it and when the glider is released from the bungee system the parachute opens and it falls with the wind in the direction you launch from.

any help/links on how to make/buy one of these would be awesome. thanks.

skip to 5:12 to see what I'm on about, and 7:10 to see it in action

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no clue, but have you tried messaging the author of the video? Maybe they can give you some advice.

I'm considering making one. i was thinking last night.

if i make the line go from the peg in the ground directly to the plane. and then have a ring in the top of the chute that that line passes through. and tie the chute 200mm down from the ring that attaches to the plane.

so when its being pulled up its relaxed. and then its released the chute extends out and the ring that attaches to the plane gets caught in the ring on the top of the chute and then falls as normal.

I'm thinking something like that.

Back