help need new engin

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3gsweet

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i am looking for a replacment engin for my nitro rs 4 1.10 scale it came with a 15 i want something bigger but not too expencive any ideas?

do you know where on line i can look at that engin and by the way thank you for the help:)

Are you looking for more speed or more torque?
What engine are you replacing?
How much do you want to spend?

If you can answer these questions we can give you the proper information to make a good decision.

a little more speed.i had a nitro star 15 fe looking to spend around 100-170

In a car, I prefer to use a .12; the smaller engines will give you more power in the upper rpm range where you run most of the time. I’m sure others may have different opinions.

Try looking at the .12 OS CV-R. This engine is a true runner that has driven many a car to the checkered flag. Easy to tune and help is always available.

The .12 Fantom FR12 is a screaming meanie, it tops out at 43,000 rpm and will kick some a ss. It’s a bit more finicky to tune but once you get it figured out you will love it.

and this engin will bolt on the same as my old engin?

You will need to see if the manufacturer recommends a short or long shaft.
The for the most part, the .12 and the .15 are interchangeable.

Call or send an e-mail to the car manufacturer and ask.

Have you thought about a Picco, Nova Rossi or Mugen Seiki .12 at all?

I just ordered my Mugen Seiki MT .12 bighead. I'm getting TONS of positive feedback about this mill. Runs cool, holds a tune ROCK SOLID and puts up the RPM's as well.

do you have a lnk for these engins i can go to and see?

so the engin will bolt up to the car body its just the shaft that might need to be longer?

The 2.5 is a rear exhaust.
Do you want to convert your header and pipe to accommodate that?
And yes, the 2.5 will be on backorder for many months to come.

well purcased a 0s cv-rx 12 with 10c slide carb:cheerful:

Good choice! You should like it a LOT!

Congrats!

it was a hard disicion. but ithought it was a good purcase in conparision with some other moters

Back