Help Mounting Pre Painted Bodies

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPI-Killer

Axial Axle Twisting Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok I'm about to mount a prepainted lid & need help in my measuring from front to back, I'm going side mount up front and top mount in back, any suggestions? Thanks

they sell some pointed covers for the body post, you put them on, set the body on, then press down and get a dimple. you then make your hole there.

you could also use a grease pen, or crayon or something. put that on the tips of the posts, center the body and push down. you then get dots where the body holes need to go.

they sell some pointed covers for the body post, you put them on, set the body on, then press down and get a dimple. you then make your hole there.

you could also use a grease pen, or crayon or something. put that on the tips of the posts, center the body and push down. you then get dots where the body holes need to go.

+1 to you, came out perfect, thanks

Wow great idea

The best way not to damage the paint on your new painted body is,to stick some modeling clay or playdoe in around the area of the body post carefully lower it into position and press down lift it off and the marks will be there from the post.Drill it take the clay off and your done no scratches.Learned that trick 35yrs ago when i got anxious and painted before drilling it.:hehe:

Back