Help me save this nitro!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RetroKevin

Bashing is a way of life!
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
My cousin has this nitro rotting away in his garage.

20210618_193933.jpg

He has no idea the brand, how old it is, or if it even runs.

I would love to save it from this horrible fate that is worse than death.

What do you guys think a fair asking price would be?

My cousin has this nitro rotting away in his garage.

View attachment 131010

He has no idea the brand, how old it is, or if it even runs.

I would love to save it from this horrible fate that is worse than death.

What do you guys think a fair asking price would be?
With out seeing if motor turns over or works or what it is does he have the transmitter/ electronics for it. I would say 50-100$ but it's family so he should just give it to you since he hasn't touched it in yrs it looks like..he won't miss it
You could probably just take it.. looks like a complete rebuild from zooming in

With out seeing if motor turns over or works or what it is does he have the transmitter/ electronics for it. I would say 50-100$ but it's family so he should just give it to you since he hasn't touched it in yrs it looks like..he won't miss it
You could probably just take it.. looks like a complete rebuild from zooming in
He has an old traxxas slash as well.
20210618_193843.jpg

Think he said motor was shot on it. I will be pulling a titan 12t 550 out of my stingray tonight. I'd assume it'd be a direct fit into his slash. Maybe I'll invite him over and tell him to bring both. I'll see about a trade. Think that'd be fair?

He has an old traxxas slash as well.
View attachment 131011
Think he said motor was shot on it. I will be pulling a titan 12t 550 out of my stingray tonight. I'd assume it'd be a direct fit into his slash. Maybe I'll invite him over and tell him to bring both. I'll see about a trade. Think that'd be fair?
Oh nice. Does he even run them? Doesn't really look like it. I don't know.. that's a tuff one.. tell him 100-150 for both.. if he doesn't run them he should just give them to you.. aleast they will be cared for a used.. instead of forgotten about and collecting cobwebs and dust..so 😔 😟 to see RC like that..

Oh nice. Does he even run them? Doesn't really look like it. I don't know.. that's a tuff one.. tell him 100-150 for both.. if he doesn't run them he should just give them to you.. aleast they will be cared for a used.. instead of forgotten about and collecting cobwebs and dust..so 😔 😟 to see RC like that..
He used to, but I don't think he knows how to work on them. So if I can help him get his slash working again I'd have another person to go out bashing with.

But I get what you're saying, it is sad to see them in this state 😔😢

It's hard to tell what the top one is with more pics. The slash could be fun though. Parts may be hard to find, not sure.

It's hard to tell what the top one is with more pics. The slash could be fun though. Parts may be hard to find, not sure.
Yeah that top one has me stumped.. I keep looking at it as if something will pop into my head🤔🤔🤔 and I will go go it

Guy who's owned the hobby store near me for 30+ said the slash is one of traxxas oldest models. I believe he also said it really hasn't changed much. Better plastics and electronics, but new parts should fit. 🤷🏽‍♂️ idk we'll see.

Guy who's owned the hobby store near me for 30+ said the slash is one of traxxas oldest models. I believe he also said it really hasn't changed much. Better plastics and electronics, but new parts should fit. 🤷🏽‍♂️ idk we'll see.
Oh yeah the platform hasn't changed.. like you said only little things.. but the newer stuff should fit and work..

Screenshot_20210815-224734_Google.jpg

Apparently he has an old quadcopter that he doesn't use anymore either. Anyone else notice that? Id offer him a few bucks toward the slash cuz you know you can get that up and running again. The other ones Id personally have to dig in to them and find out what they are and if I thought I could get parts for them before I offered him anything for those two. just my .02

Nope that one slipped by my eye.. got to look again.. poor little RCs they just want to have fun and feel the air under their tires. LoL 🤣🤣
👀👀 oh sh*t I do see that now.. laying on top of nitro LOL.. they got more dust on them then. Mummy🤣🤣🤣

Tell him give them 2 you for either cheap or free not 100 as said above (it was 119$ usd nib)and then give them life as 4 the slash being oldest . parts have not changed only thing that really has changed is 12T titan .some improvements in them but most would not notice .not sure about nitro .

Apparently he has an old quadcopter that he doesn't use anymore either. Anyone else notice that? Id offer him a few bucks toward the slash cuz you know you can get that up and running again. The other ones Id personally have to dig in to them and find out what they are and if I thought I could get parts for them before I offered him anything for those two. just my .02
That's crazy, somehow I never saw that either. Now I can't seem to figure out how I didn't see it. Just too much dust I guess. Anyway good eye. I'm sure it's just toy grade. Doubt he got anything major.
Tell him give them 2 you for either cheap or free not 100 as said above (it was 119$ usd nib)and then give them life as 4 the slash being oldest . parts have not changed only thing that really has changed is 12T titan .some improvements in them but most would not notice .not sure about nitro .
I txt him last night. He does seem really busy with work, family life, and I guess he just got sponsored for finger boarding. So he might not even have time to use them anymore.

I'll see if I can pick them up today just to get a better look at them.

That's crazy, somehow I never saw that either. Now I can't seem to figure out how I didn't see it. Just too much dust I guess. Anyway good eye. I'm sure it's just toy grade. Doubt he got anything major.

I txt him last night. He does seem really busy with work, family life, and I guess he just got sponsored for finger boarding. So he might not even have time to use them anymore.

I'll see if I can pick them up today just to get a better look at them.
Is finger boarding an actual thing now a days? I thought that was just a fad from the late 80s/early 90s cuz we had nothing else to do with our spare grip tape and all of our Thrasher magazines 🤣 🤣 🤣

That's what I thought. 😆
I guess the kids have gotten back into them. They're pretty legit too. Not like the tecdecks we had back in the day.
And they're cheap. Like $8-10 for the whole setup. Prolific is the brand he kept talking about.

That's what I thought. 😆
I guess the kids have gotten back into them. They're pretty legit too. Not like the tecdecks we had back in the day.
And they're cheap. Like $8-10 for the whole setup. Prolific is the brand he kept talking about.
Kids must still be really desperate for entertainment these days

Is finger boarding an actual thing now a days? I thought that was just a fad from the late 80s/early 90s cuz we had nothing else to do with our spare grip tape and all of our Thrasher magazines 🤣 🤣 🤣
That and we couldn't skate in school.. and the books needed to be use for something 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Once again chimed in from no where thinking you know everything. READ THE WHOLE POST... it was also said that he should really just give them to RETRO..since they are being left to die....So ANNOYING AND CLUELESS
Kids must still be really desperate for entertainment these days
I don't know how thats possible.. all the kids do is walk around. Which their faces in phones or tablets.. or gaming... shoot the kids theses days don't even go outside anymore its sad... you couldn't get me in the house. from day break grab your BMX bike and head to the woods to to hang or mischief or your buddies house.. untill dinner or when the street lights came on.... And your mom called your buddies house to say...can you tell my son to get home NOW. Please 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Save them!! No RC left behind!! If you won't save them, give me the address and I'll setup my own "task force" consisting of me, myself and I, and we'll come up with a rescue plan!! (I don't invite the other voices in my head because they cost too much when they get involved!) 🤣 🤣

Save them!! No RC left behind!! If you won't save them, give me the address and I'll setup my own "task force" consisting of me, myself and I, and we'll come up with a rescue plan!! (I don't invite the other voices in my head because they cost too much when they get involved!) 🤣 🤣
Those dam voices always try to get involved..and usually do and doesn't take long either..then it's a fight about which one is rite.. then the wallet comes out and usually then the devil jumps in and wins... everytime 🤣🤣🤣