Help Me pick (first time nitro)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sound a like you flooded it to the point of damaging the glow plug.....which happens a lot!

I removed the glow plug and checked it on an ignitor by itself and it still glows bright orange

Hmmm.....I guess that rules out you glow igniter needing to be fully charged.

i have personally broke a large number of engines and still find trx engines hard to get to fire the first time. have you checked all your needle settings and confirm they are set correctly,i usually find you need to open up the throttle trim a bit to get it to start then wind it back to 1.0mm .it will stall a few times trying to get it to idle good just be patient.
I am currently breaking in a 3.3 ,I did make it harder on myself by adding a losi 3.4 carb to break it in with but after about 6 tanks ,I'm half way through (jato only has a 75cc tank so I have doubled the break in for good measure) and its getting heaps easier to start.

It was 49 degrees out today, so I kept the Revo in front of my fireplace (with close supervision) for about 2 hours

That will do nothing at all. You need to heat the engine up with a heat gun before trying to start it. I get mine up to +190 before trying to start them.

Any chance it could be the EZ start battery? After some thought, I realized the battery is an old NiCd, and may not have enough juice left in it, even after a full charge (doesn't even want to crank after a second).Going to reinstall the pull start tomorrow and try again... otherwise, I'll go out and get a heat gun

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I really appreciate it.

If that EZ start is not turning that engine over nicely it might be an issue.

Last edited:
I dont think you need a heat gun for 49 degree weather as long as you are taking it from indoor temps and trying to start it right away it should be fine. sounds like you need a new ez start battery.

Last edited:
I ordered new battery today, just a cheap NiMH 7.2v 3000mah. Haven't gotten around to putting on the pull start yet, I'll just wait for the battery to arrive. As for the temp, the external temp of the engine was around 100 degrees when I tried to start it the other day.