Help me ice this Mugen

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrWednesday

RC Newbie
Reaction score
So I got this Mugen in a trade, and I noticed it performs a hell of a lot nicer than the Kraton 6S. Anyways, it’s fast becoming my favourite truck and I don’t even know what the hell it’s called 😆. I’m pretty sure it’s the Seiki Eco, but Mbx6-7-8te? I know there’s a couple carbon fibre upgrades on here but you should still be able to tell by the chassis I’m guessing, right?

49931B37-2DB2-4CE1-9F25-1E30E52185B1.jpeg

E5AF7136-156E-404C-B11A-39F5A3C4AB0E.jpeg

E4BBBC0E-8148-4F5B-93B5-1817DC2C927B.jpeg

2C958E77-3CB4-4C60-B356-8544D1A48700.jpeg

1403B083-206E-4657-8AE7-6B777CE16C6B.jpeg

As far as I can tell its a MBX7TE. Its missing some bracing in front of the center diff. Heres a pic for comparison

1_57f5e6d8f46910634b7f666ef651b6fd.jpg

As far as I can tell its a MBX7TE. Its missing some bracing in front of the center diff. Heres a pic for comparison

View attachment 162310
You’re a legend, thanks for pointing out the missing bracing, this truck needs new plastic in the centre, the battery tray, the RX box and the ESC mount are all rough and installed improperly. I just want to make sure I’m ordering parts for the right chassis. Do have a Mugen? Am I just crazy, or does it handle better than the Kraton as far as driving characteristics? I need to ask a few people this question

You’re a legend, thanks for pointing out the missing bracing, this truck needs new plastic in the centre, the battery tray, the RX box and the ESC mount are all rough and installed improperly. I just want to make sure I’m ordering parts for the right chassis. Do have a Mugen? Am I just crazy, or does it handle better than the Kraton as far as driving characteristics? I need to ask a few people this question
The Mugen stuff is made for racing. The Kraton is a basher, so it would never really compete with the race breed stuff. So yeah, it makes sense the Mugen handles better. Get her on a track!

It it appears that your version use to be a nitro version at one time ,so they could
have used the parts from what Greywolf showed an turned it into an E version ,
the slotted holes on the chassy is a tell tell sign ,it could have even been a MBX5T!.. :cool:

It it appears that your version use to be a nitro version at one time ,so they could
have used the parts from what Greywolf showed an turned it into an E version ,
the slotted holes on the chassy is a tell tell sign ,it could have even been a MBX5T!.. :cool:
Ahh, good eye there Baker 😉

I sourced the chassis as being Mbx7tR, there are subtle differences in the front taper. I absolutely demolished the front left suspension and shock, as well as the right steering coupling on the hub (flicking carbon fibre) earlier today. Was going flat out and my battery became undone so I lost steering and slammed right into a soccer net steel pole. Probably doing 50mph. 😭

DB24A82D-96AA-4D73-A718-6CFE465593D0.jpeg

At least you can still buy parts for that ,those arms look like the same arms that fit the older
versions ,yours is still kind of new!..:thumbs-up::cool:

At least you can still buy parts for that ,those arms look like the same arms that fit the older
versions ,yours is still kind of new!..:thumbs-up::cool:
I have a whole box of parts and a couple of three-quarter built chassis, parts aren’t gonna be an issue for at least a couple of seasons lol, next, I need to learn about these 2 D alpha 21-A872 Nitro motors from like 2012, and one Novarossi P3xs S21. Never farted around with nitro before. Expecting a yuge flame 🤣 cheap joke 🤷🏼‍♂️