Help I just baught a nitro terminator 2

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty lad 16

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Help I bought a nitro rc car it's a terminator 2 and I had it running and hit the curb with the fount of the car and the exhaust pipe disconnected do I shut the rc car off and now it won't start and I keep braking the pull cord trying to start it . its my first one so don't know much about them and how long do glow plugs last for

Help I bought a nitro rc car it's a terminator 2 and I had it running and hit the curb with the fount of the car and the exhaust pipe disconnected do I shut the rc car off and now it won't start and I keep braking the pull cord trying to start it . its my first one so don't know much about them and how long do glow plugs last for

If you just bought the car brand new an you haven't really broke the engine in & tuned it!
Therefore ,the car is still running rich on fuel which makes it hard to start ,along with the
high compression.Thats the reason you keep breaking pull rope.
An you should never run the engine with out the muffler!
There should be a link here on the forum to show you how to properly break-in & tune your
engine.You should find it in the engine section of the forum!

If you just bought the car brand new an you haven't really broke the engine in & tuned it!
Therefore ,the car is still running rich on fuel which makes it hard to start ,along with the
high compression.Thats the reason you keep breaking pull rope.
An you should never run the engine with out the muffler!
There should be a link here on the forum to show you how to properly break-in & tune your
engine.You should find it in the engine section of the forum!
It shouldn't lock up and break the pull start string just because the engine is new.

Try taking out the glow plug and testing it in the glow igniter- it should glow bright red or white. Then, with the glow plug out, and with all fuel lines attached as well as the exhaust, turn the engine over a few times. This should remove any excess fuel causing hydro lock inside the engine. Then, proceed to re-prime the engine, but not until the pull start locks- only enough to get fuel into the engine. After this, I recommend just pulling the pull start a couple more times to get the fuel around the inside of the engine, sometimes this helps to get it to start easier. You can then try and start the engine as it would normally. If it is still stiff, don't force it- save yourself the pull start string and hassle.

Last edited:
So you've now got the engine to turn over via pull start?
It will turn by hand but when I prime it and pull the pull start it won't run at all

Have you removed the glo-plug an checked it yet?
You can take it off an stick it on the igniter an see if it glows red.
If its the original glo-plug ,then it needs replacing!
The glow plug is fine I had it out and it was glowing red hot

It will turn but it won't run
Check that the glow plug is working, there is a 1-2mm idle gap that doesn't change when braking and also check that fuel is getting to the engine. If is cold where you live try pre-heating the engine with a hair dryer.

Have you removed the glo-plug an checked it yet?
You can take it off an stick it on the igniter an see if it glows red.
If its the original glo-plug ,then it needs replacing!
I have that done and its not that like I had it running and then hit a curb but there is no damage but it won't start I'm gone to the stage where I'll nearly poor all the petrol over it and light the thing up

I have that done and its not that like I had it running and then hit a curb but there is no damage but it won't start I'm gone to the stage where I'll nearly poor all the petrol over it and light the thing up

Sorry about your troubles with your ride!
Nitro engines are so unpredictable sometimes an really screw with peoples minds!
Sometimes its really hard for Vetran rcer's to help because theres so much that can
go wrong on of a nitro engine.
From as simple as a loose screw to an air leak or a plugged fuel tank filter ,or even
to a burnt up engine.
Us Vetrans would discect the engine an find out what is going on with it.
Nows a good time to learn ,Its how I learnt!

Sorry about your troubles with your ride!
Nitro engines are so unpredictable sometimes an really screw with peoples minds!
Sometimes its really hard for Vetran rcer's to help because theres so much that can
go wrong on of a nitro engine.
From as simple as a loose screw to an air leak or a plugged fuel tank filter ,or even
to a burnt up engine.
Us Vetrans would discect the engine an find out what is going on with it.
Nows a good time to learn ,Its how I learnt!
There's compression in it. its not the fuel tank anyway because there is petrol coming out when I prime it I had the back end off 2 many times it's really trying my patient's now its my first ever rc car iv waited years and now I think I shouldn't have bothered waited

There's compression in it. its not the fuel tank anyway because there is petrol coming out when I prime it I had the back end off 2 many times it's really trying my patient's now its my first ever rc car iv waited years and now I think I shouldn't have bothered waited
Persevere. It's worth it. Also, it's nitro. not petrol. Have you tried everything I've told you to try in post #15?