Help finding gearbox and axles

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ntrider1991

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello I'm new hear I am building a 20$ jada rc 370z 1/16 scale is what I think it is
I have swapped a servo into it and receiver with esc running 10.6 volt nmhd battery I know I’m over volting it a lot I ran it for a few days and burnt up the brushes in the motor I would like to replace the axles in the rear with new gearbox and motor and eventually the front steering right now I’m having trouble locating a rear axle that would fit this car with a gearbox and motor small enough to fit. This is all in an attempt to learn how to build them I didn’t want to get over my head to quick. I do have a 3D printer however it’s down for repairs. I want to keep it as cheap as possible until I can build a hobby rc

Unfortunately it's going to be tough and you may not even find any parts for this car. It's a toy grade RC so rarely will you find parts like the gears and axles.

Unfortunately it's going to be tough and you may not even find any parts for this car. It's a toy grade RC so rarely will you find parts like the gears and axles.
I just need something to fit 1/16 scale car not a truck. Truck parts that’s all I’ve been finding I want to build a little drift style car I get that I could use truck parts I just figured by the images I’ve seen they are taller when mounted to chassis I’d like to keep it low I don’t want to make it to top heavy I’ve been experimenting with weight location which really affects steering and roll over. any help is greatly appreciated as I’m new to building rc’s this is my first I plan on many more got a few more toy rc cars and trucks to learn on before I start building hobby rc. Also I can make any modification I need to as far as chassis and gearbox fitting. I’ve been using a 3D print pen to build for servo and glue gun lol I don’t need perfection at this stage. Thank you

Back