Help deciding on a new transmitter.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's pretty cool, I had to google it and here's what I found, thanks!

I was just surfing for nb4 rx’s and came across a 12ch, I was pretty sure it could do more than 8.. no idea what you’d need that many channels for but nice to know it’s an option.
Anyway.. just thought about this thread when I saw it. 🤙

@Mrgoodwrench35 How’s the new Noble?

So far I really like it. It feels great in my hand. The construction feels very solid. Steering and throttle sweep are very smooth. It feels like its more capable than I am, thats for sure. The only negative thing I can say is the same all the reviewers said, the display is useless in direct sunlight. Not really a big deal as long as you do all your setup indoors. It would be nice to be able to see the servo positions live while outdoors but again, not a big issue.

So far, I have the Sledge, Xmaxx, and a TRX4 bound to it all with the 4 channel receivers with no external antenna. The range is great compared to the prior FSGT5 setup. I went out at least 200 yds further with the Noble than I was able to with the GT5. With the FSGT5, I was getting a bit of response delay at long distance that I don't notice occurring with the Noble.

Yesterday, I finally got a 10ch receiver that I ordered from China. I'm not clear on how it works yet, if I need the IBUS receiver as well or if it will work by itself. I've never used IBUS before so I've got some reading to do on the subject but I think this one will work stand alone. I don't need 10 channel but that's all I could find. Doesn't appear to be a lot of rx options out there. I'm determined to be able to control all the servo's independently as well as light function from the Rx. Currently building a TRX4 to pull my trailer and on top of needing front and rear diff lock control and transmission shift function, I want to be able to turn lights on and off and turn an onboard bluetooth speaker on and off from the transmitter. 6 channel's should be enough.