hello every1...a little guidance required

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mustafa1291

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey everyone......i am so glad to join this rc forum....i hope you all would help me understand the world of rc nitro better......i recently saw the rc nitro event held in my college and fell in love with the rc nitro buggy's.....i am starting fresh and would like to know which car to go for.....i have browsed thorugh thunder tiger and they have some amazing cars at affordable prices....pls do suggest any better options....

I would stick with some of the more known brands such as Losi,Traxxas, HPI and Associated. Give us your price range and we can better help you out. Welcome to RCNT.

I find the cheaper ones some what a good idea on the beginners point of view but then the * you get what you pay for * analogy comes into play. i know some of the cheaper models can actually be a good deal but if the price is really cheap i wouldnt go for it.

On another hand you may want to look at it like i want a car that i can start off with but still have fun with when I'm experienced.

I personally love traxxas but I'm not sure if they make buggies.. associated makes amazing buggies.

i guess its a matter of your budget and if you can afford a beginner buggy then later afford an experienced buggy.

Welcome to the forum ! I'm new too !

ohh and there are some decent beginner buggies on Nitrorcx.com http://www.nitrorcx.com/51c812-red-24ghz.html

and also is an rtr kit better??or a kit where you assemble the entire rc??because the latter would give you a hands on experience and would also help in maintenance of the car!!

my budget is upto $400!!pls do suggest one within this limit!!

and also is an rtr kit better??or a kit where you assemble the entire rc??because the latter would give you a hands on experience and would also help in maintenance of the car!!

my budget is upto $400!!pls do suggest one within this limit!!

If you are good with things like that then that is good because like you said it really would help you understand the whole buggy. and its usually cheaper to buy a kit rather RTR. but if your not experienced with building kits then i would say get an RTR have fun and when you get more experienced later on you can maybe test your skills in building and get one

Ok so i know you were saying stay with in that budget but for alittle more you get an amazing buggy http://www.ebay.com/itm/Team-Associ...trolled_JN&hash=item5d2f446a56#ht_1662wt_1185

but lets look for something more affordable...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kyosho-DBX-...ntrolled_JN&hash=item4aae4c9fba#ht_4578wt_967

Good luck !
try ebay

Take a look at the ofna buggies on tower hobbies. Not going to break the bank and I beleive they offer a 2.4 ghz radio option one as well. Ofna is a good brand and they have pretty decent parts support outside of towerhobbies. A truggy would not be a bad idea either because its more wider than a buggy which makes it easier to handle. Hope this helps Steve.

also regarding the fuels.....are they really costly??and do you ppl get the spare parts of the cars immediately or it takes like forever to get it??

Fuel isn't that bad usually around 35.00 a gallon depending on what brand you go with. I personally like 25% odonnells but everybody has there own preferrence. As far as parts you will have to stick with more popular brands to get your parts at your local hobby shop like traxxas, losi, and hpi. If you go with a mail order rc you will more than likely have to order your replacement parts from them which can be very annoying if you break something and can't get it to play the next day and you have to wait a week or two. Hope this helps with your decision.

---------- Post added at 3:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:32 PM ----------

Oh and a gallon of fuel will last a while too. I run mine a lot and s gallon last me about a month.

thank you for all your replies.......
anyways do you have any idea about assembly kits or where is it available or how to search?coz i tried browsing a lot and was not able to find one.....i saw one but then i got the doubt of whether they give the engine,suspensions with the kit and remote control too???

Back