heli blade balance question....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x_doug_x

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
after reading through a couple learning sections of balancing heli blades, they say you can put each blade on a knife blade and mark the center of each blade where it was balanced and add tape till both blades were balanced, then it said assemble them on the piece they go on and balance that so that it is centered, well once you have it assembled and you add tape to another blade to balance the whole assembly it's gonna off balance that single blade if you were to pull them apart again.. so why can't you just balance the whole assembly and not do the blades individually?

Balancing the blade on a knife edge is known as the Dynamic balancing.
That ensures that all the blades rotate in the same disk. (All their centers are in the same place. Balancing that way requires the tape to be placed as close to the root of the blade as possible.
All your blades can be statically balanced, but if the dynamic balance is off, the one with the heaviest OUTSIDE weight would want to sling out more than the one with the inner weight, even though they now weigh the same.

I know this is a few months old but.....

just buy CF blades as they are balanced and matched from the factory.(from any quality manufacturer) I've flown 50 size birds and never needed to balance my blades. (and i was flying some 3-D with them)

-Nitro

After you balance then individually, to insure their CoG is in the same place you bolt them together and balance them as a pair. If one blade is heavier you put the balance tape on the CoG of the light blade. By putting the tape on the CoG you do not change the first balancing step.

You can also use a 0.1g scale for the second stage 'static' balancing.

Back