HB Lightning Pro Vs. Kyosho Inferno MP7.5 Sports RTR

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by humboldtblazer
for $10 more than the Inferno Sports I would get the Inferno 7.5

But you're still talking 5 bills for a chassis. Then 3 more for an engine and as much as 1 more for a pipe. Does it even come with tires? You're looking at a grand even before you can turn the wheels.

It's all in how much money you want to put into it. If you buy a $500 chassis, will you want to put a cheap $150 engine in it? or even a $40 pipe?

Buying a kyosho inferno (standard), moves you up a notch in how much money you want to put in the hobby.

-Rob

I give up.....again all these fricking WalMart shopers think you should get the HB so get it. You dont want a wining buggy anyway.

I give up.....again all these fricking WalMart shopers think you should get the HB so get it. You dont want a wining buggy anyway.

and humbolt goes down for the count.......

MJ- are you going to race or bash?

I'm just frustrated. Sure you can get the Geo Metro it has great fuel efficency and is very affordable! And most of all chicks dig Metro's because they know you are responsible with your money.

Originally posted by nitro dave

and humbolt goes down for the count.......

MJ- are you going to race or bash?

I am mostly going to bash, but do an occasional weekend trek to the track and have a few passes on the burms. Not any major competitition racing.

I'm just frustrated. Sure you can get the Geo Metro it has great fuel efficency and is very affordable! And most of all chicks dig Metro's because they know you are responsible with your money.

humbolt goes down but quickly gets up for a right cross while the competition is not looking.

It seems like the HB would make a good basher at a great price. If you are not too interested in racing, it might be the way to go (sorry humbolt), however if you are thinking more racing, I might look at something different (sorry NR).

Does your LHS carry Kyosho parts? They are hella hard to get here. That might be a factor in your decision. Of course you do drive different than most. I don't know anyone but you who drives a Yoke.

Originally posted by nitro dave
It seems like the HB would make a good basher at a great price. If you are not too interested in racing, it might be the way to go (sorry humbolt),

Please dont be sorry thats my point. I love to race so thats where the root of my opinion comes from.

Please dont be sorry thats my point. I love to race so thats where the root of my opinion comes from.

I'm really not. I think for MJ it will come down to what use he intends for the buggy most, what he can easily get parts for, and how much cabbage he wants to throw down.

But isnt the HB just a Kyosho knock-off anyway? Dont the Inferno parts bolt into a Lightning Pro??

Am I wayyyyyy off base here??

wow! If you have seen both buggies in person you wouldnt say its a knock off. The Magic wheel is a knock off of the T-maxx but the HB Lightning is not a knock off of the Inferno 7.5. Although some parts interchange the buggies have BIG differences.

I am very fortunate that my LHS does carry parts for both contenders. Knowing me, I want the top of the line even though I dont need the TOTL. I also know that if I get the best, I have the platform to allow me to compete with the best of them if I descide to. I also know that I am never really going to compete. I may go out and run the track a few times and have a little head to head race, but not no actual organized race. I am not a very competitive person.

Money is a big factor, but I know that I will spend on all the upgrades anyway. But its spread out so it dont hurt as much.

Yeah I do run a Yoke ND. Yeah so! :jester: Just kidding man. Out here, that ride is pretty popular. Well, it wasn't as popular when I first got it, but there are more and more peeps out at the lots we run at that are picking them up.

Back to the topic, I really want a car that is strong, fast, worth my money. I know the Kanai II, no matter how much it cost, will be worth my money, but I dont want to get a ride that is a lower grade and I have to spend mucho buko to get it up to a Kanai II. It wont be as bad if I get a ride that cannot get there in the first place. But then i may feel like "Damn I should have got the kanai!"

Damn This is what I hate about this hobby.

I know what you are saying MJ- Knowing that, you might want to save the cabbage and get the really good stuff. Whenever I have done this, I have never regretted it. For instance, when I was looking at an mp3 player, there were lots of options, but none better than the ipod. I saved and got that sumbitch, and have never once regretted it. I cannot say the same for other things I own.

I'm not going to sit here and lie and say the Lightning Pro is better than the Kanai, Kanai II or even the staright Inferno mp75. It simply not. I'd love to have the Kanai or even maybe a mugen. (Chicks dig my mustangs)

I don't have the money for the bad boys.

mjime714 sounded like he too wanted something scaled down from the expensive competition level.

The point I'm pushing over and over in these buggy threads is that the Lightning Pro is a good small-budget buggy. I'll have a little under $1000 in my buggy when I'm done. If you think that's a lot of money, you haven't sat down and added up when else goes into that Kanai II (especially if you want TOTL).

Small-Budget = Lightning Pro
Big-Budget = Kanai, Kanai II, Mugen mbx5

That's my current advice.

-Rob

You know what, I think your both right. I'm itching for a new ride. I shouldnt settle for what I can get now, but wait to get what I really want. But 750 brand new without an engine, pipe, and electrics is quite a lot to spend. Dont get me wrong, i would, but my wife would have a fit.

Anyway, I think this battle is a draw unless someone want to keep it going, but for now. its split down the middle. They both have their good and bad sides. Its really up to the person who is buying to make that descision. In my head, I say wait for the rematch.

Thanks for participating.:hehe:

Have you considered the Axis? Its a well made buggy with a great warranty!!!:microwave

Have you considered the Axis? Its a well made buggy with a great warranty!!!:microwave

OMG hahahhahaha

Axis is the another turd out of the poop-hole known as Duratrax. :constipat

Robriguez the Fly was a great cartoon........nice

Back