Having a small problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yammaha

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I got this savage the other day and it came with a not even broke in engine. Its an axial. I'm not sure the size. its got a gray cooling head. the problem is is that my roto start wont turn it over. I use a drill. What size could this be??? Thanks

I have no clue even how to get pics on my computer none the less on here. i have had a .28 and it would start it.

with no problem and it was an axial

Are you loosening the glow plug slightly before starting? High compression big blocks are notorious for being hard to turn over. Even my S25 would eat one way bearings if you didn't back the plug off about a quarter turn.

Are axials bad? Does anyone know if a backplate(the thing that the pull start bolts to) from a picco .28 or .26 will fit on a .27? thanks

I've read a lot of reviews talking about how Axial engines are a hit and a miss. Notorious leakers as well. I'd do a complete seal job before even attempting to start it up for break in.

Will a picco 26 or 28 back plate fit on a 27??? Thanks

Not sure on that back plate but i dont think so.But do find someone to help you with those pictures because when you can post one it makes it a lot easier to help you figure out a problem.:D

I've read a lot of reviews talking about how Axial engines are a hit and a miss. Notorious leakers as well. I'd do a complete seal job before even attempting to start it up for break in.

Matt, you need to change your sig or title to something referencing sealing the engine. I bet half, if not more of your posts are about that.:p:

good advice though!!:D

Metalhead "seal your engine" matt

Matt, you need to change your sig or title to something referencing sealing the engine. I bet half, if not more of your posts are about that.:p:

LOL Oh yeah, we're making this stick for sure. We could do it RC mafia style, ovah heeah, dis is Matt, da seala. :hehe:

Ok that picture is from a Picco .27. Not sure why you posted that actually...chances are the back plate from any other engine will not fit you Axial.

No haha ya thats a pic of a picco .27. I had another question, and it was if a picco .26 or .28 backplate will fit on it. I can't find one for it. thanks

I can type it out so fast, I don't even care anymore. It's not a bad idea though....I'll probably have to type it more now.:)

Last edited:
Back