has everyone seen this!!! New HPI Gassers.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check it out....

Savage.

gassavage.jpg

hpigas.jpg

buggy
hpigas.gif

apache
hpigas2.gif

Id have to see how it performs compared to a nitro engine before I go gettin all fired up about it but it looks pretty sweet!

any word on price and when available

if the proformance and price is right its on! what kind of effect is this going to have on nitro?

If the performance is there it will effectively kill nitro. All that power and no tuning? No brainer!

does anyone know what the specs are on this engine? like cc, weight ect...

The savage and buggy are great looking to me. BUT, if the performance isnt near brushless/lipo then I wont be considering one at all.

i wouldn't think it would be like brushless, but if its close to the proformance of nitro it will be worth it as far as being easy to tune, cheaper fuel and just to have to the sound of an engine.dont get me wrong i love me some bushless power, but nothing beats the sound on an engine at full trottle driving past you.

^^^True, but thats not enough for me :D I need the power. If it wasn't so much money, Id prolly go brushless on my baja.

If the power is basically the same as nitro and the price is basically the same as nitro then this could change nitro RCs as we know it forever. However something tells me at least for awhile. the price will be through the roof if the power is there and if the power isnt there then nitro will still be king regardless of price. We will just have to wait and see! I'm a little excited I have to admit!

I can see the price of these rigs somewhere between 600 and 750. Just think of it as a marketing price range. The XL sells for near 600 and sells pretty well but not as much it's cousing the X. The Baja 5B starts around 890 or so for an ss kit but there's alot of parts and of course the rig is bigger. I can this price range because it would fall in the range of the XL and the Baja. Also HPI has the innovation and the upper hand in the market so they will price this accordingly. As far as out performing a nitro I would have to say no because the nitro rigs are lighter and can wound faster. Where this is going to sell against a nitro is the tuning ease and way lower cost of operation.

If the gassers aren't competitive on price with their Flux counterparts, then I see it as a bad economic move for HPI. There are some that will buy them for the cool factor and the sound, but convincing the masses to pay more for less performance is a tough sell.