Harder foams for 40 series road rage tyres?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TK5310

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Can't find anything, any suggestions?

I've killed a virtually new road rage tyre & damaged 2 others - the sidewalls are flexing so much they are coming into contact with the ground & getting torn up on hard turns/drifts.

So I need some real firm foams to keep the tyres in the right shape - but dunno where to get them.

What vehicle are they on?

Foams won't do anything. Tape the tires. Look up a tutorial on YouTube! It worked real well on my slash. It's not the foams expanding, it's the tires.

Sent from my Pipboy-3000 in the Capital Wasteland.

I'm not worried about ballooning, it's the tyres being pushed sideways off the rims to the point that the sidewalls are contacting the ground on high speed turns that's the problem - taping won't fix that, needs harder foam.

They are on a big block powered revo geared for high speed.

Yes I agree to tapeing them,gorilla tape is probly the best bet,also back in the day I bought a set of foams from I think proline for a set of slicks ,"3.2 size" that came with these harder round foams that you would stuff in the sidewall ,I always liked them foams and they worked well too,

transmited from a mobile communications device

Taping does not work for regular high speed runs, sooner or later the tape lets go of the tyre & the tyre gets a big lump in it which tears open pretty quick.

Truck runs to about 50mph & gets thrown sideways etc at those speeds.

Been there, done that, it's not the solution in this case - taping helps with ballooning, but won't to squat for sideways movement under hard cornering G's.

Back