Hanging out in the basement

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe crawler

Stand up and be counted…
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Put on some 43mm injora shocks on and hit the rock pile in basement for some crawling.
51138645-AD20-4016-B2C7-86AB4DF12029.jpeg
AD433756-2C60-400D-BDC0-479C5B3930CC.jpeg

@Joe crawler I am trying to make space in one of the bedrooms to set up an indoor course, I gave up on the garage idea, it just gets to freakin' hot in there. I wish I had a basement, color me jealous. I just bought a set of Injora oil filled shocks for my new Deadbolt project, can't wait to get them on, and try them out. The one thing I don't like about scx24 shocks is how bouncy they are, most aftermarket aren't much better, hoping the oil filled will tame that a bit.

Yeah, the stock shocks are bounch. You can try putting some grease in there to lessen the bounce a bit.

The stock one in the rear would compress almost all the just under the weight of vehicle. Injora seems ok but on steep inclines the front would raise up & over we go….might try stock ones again with some different springs

I run close to full droop on mine. The Carnage handles stuff pretty good, but I haven't really had the chance to reslly push it. It maybe has 1/8" of travel left on the shocks sitting dead flat.

I tried some of the fancier shocks and stock works the best so far, they just don't look sexy, that's why I'm hoping this new set controls the bounce. The shocks on the TRX4M's are oil filled and work well. of course they are a little heavier being 1/18 scale.

With the exception of my C10, which just runs stock shocks and springs, my other 4 are all droop set-ups. At such a small scale, it doesn't look off even when running at full speed.

I tried some of the fancier shocks and stock works the best so far, they just don't look sexy, that's why I'm hoping this new set controls the bounce. The shocks on the TRX4M's are oil filled and work well. of course they are a little heavier being 1/18 scale.
The problem I am seeing with all the aftermarket shocks is the springs are too stiff. What I would suggest is add weight til you have at least 50% droop, and even more in the front. But then you raise your CG. So that means the lightest spring you can get to keep the shocks drooped will give you the best performance, and best CG, and less bounce 😉.

So adding as much weight as you can down low, then tuning the sprung weight to get your droop, that to me would be the optimal setup. Of course, I am not an expert crawler dude. But in 1:1 trucks you never see them sitting with the shocks fully extended.

Sick video love it Xraycer!!

Here's a short vid of my Injora body SCX24 in full droop.
That's how I have mine set up, wish it wasn't so top heavy though. I would love the same style body in carbon fiber. I know they make other styles but I like that one.

That's how I have mine set up, wish it wasn't so top heavy though. I would love the same style body in carbon fiber. I know they make other styles but I like that one.
Idk, I've just never had a sense that it runs top heavy.

Still hanging out in basement 🤤 finally getting around to put together another crawler course for the scx24’s. Here’s what I got so far 🤷🏼‍♂️
0BEEB6E6-593C-432A-A14C-45EBF0B6D0AB.jpeg
1A73F838-72C0-437E-81A6-D4F6D573F8B6.jpeg

Pretty sure I’m going to add the Sand Scorcher & Hornet to collection along side the lunchbox & the big bear , the spare body in box in still new. Never seen a sand scorcher before. There is a lot of aluminum parts on it,
165D7BB5-5A90-472F-A281-D3E37FCD2D5B.jpeg
73F5CFA6-6C8F-4B8E-8F3F-B49C7B260E1C.jpeg
C85E3110-77E8-4CDE-85D0-FD30628C5005.jpeg

The Hornet was my first rc in the 80s. That thing almost got ran over I would say a dozen times

Back