H.P.I Trophy Buggy Suspension setting up....anyone ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennettironman

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hi Everyone,

I have a H.P.I Trophy Nitro Buggy that i only use on a Astro Track ....i have sett up the suspension and steering from the instructions provided...and noticed the front wheels 'Track Outwards' quite alot.....has anyone else set up there buggy differently for track use...i know its not a competition kit but may aswell try and get the best performance out of it.

i have got a 'camber gauge and vernier caliper' ready

Regards

Bennett Ironman

Sorry not a racer here so not sure. We do have a couple racers in here though. Hopefully one of them will chime in.

Leading on from my above post I also noticed the back end let’s go quite easily causing car to spin out ? What do I need to do to set up anyone advise please

Leading on from my above post I also noticed the back end let’s go quite easily causing car to spin out ? What do I need to do to set up anyone advise please
Sounds like you may need tires that are appropriate for the surface you're running on. What surface are you running on and what tires are you running on it?

Its also possible if you have some drag in some rear diff or wheel bearing(s) on one side of the car causing the other side to spin faster than the other side.

Thanks for replying I am running ‘mini pins’ yellow compound which is the tyre of Choice for the Astro track I race on,with two rows of pins removed…will be looking at brake balance definitely also diff weights /oils etc might go heavier in center diff to hopefully apply more drive to front wheels

Back