gs storm front shocks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

majurtom

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi everyone. hope this hasnt been covered but i bought a storm rtr with bad front shocks. my question is can these be replaced with aftermarket or do i need a stock shock. (are all fronts on 1/8 buggies the same). thanks for all replies.

A lot of buggy shocks are the same. I replaced mine with Ofna threaded shocks.

I replaced my stock Storm shocks with Mugens. These things are bullet proof.

Granted the mugens are really nice but for the money stock storm shocks are awsome. How ever the stock towers suck.

well i just bought this thing used and its all stock but the motor. + bad front shocks. anything else i should watch for?

well the best bet is to buy stock ones again, prob are bad becuz they are used.

those ofna's 3.5 jeff? i dont remember them on ur buggy. thx

-Ult

go with the mugen big bores{ they have a thicker diameter rod} they will not bend.

I'd love to say that the Mugens are bullet proof, but I have two Mugen MBX-5 Prospecs and have sheared plenty of the shock shafts. I have also bent the heck out of multiple GS Storm shocks. If I had to choose between the two, I'd go with the MBX-5 shocks. They are indeed tough, but they are not truly bulletproof.

The storm shocks suck - the shafts are soft and the bushings are sloppy. I put in mugen shafts and made my own bushings and pistons out of delrin. They have worked great ever since.

Are the shafts ridged enough out of delrin??

He didn't make delrin shafts...he used MBX shafts and made delrin piston heads and bushings.

Back