got me a new toy!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beason

Bash, Fix, Repeat..
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
last time i used my little grill the bottom fell out of it from rust. I've been wanting a bigger one and finally had the cash to do it. i went with the char-griller duo. its half charcoal, half gas, with a side burner. i also added a side fire box for smoking.

all together with grill, side box, cover, propane tank, charcoal, pecan wood, and misc doo dads, I'm out about $450. but it should last me for a good long time!! now off to the pics!

on the way home. it looks like it was made for the truck!! my girl sat in the truck while i ran into lowes to get the side box and got hit on 3 times! lol

014.gif

IMG_8517.jpg

IMG_8518.gif

IMG_8519.gif

IMG_8520.gif

academy has them for $249 but was out of the side box. i had to go to lowes and it was $20 more there, but they price matched it.

Sweet! So when are we all coming over for barbecue????????

Sweet! So when are we all coming over for barbecue????????

I'm up for it any time!! just bring some cold ones, and something for bertha, (the pit) and we can do this!

I guess that means a road trip to Poth and Shiner....

Jeeze! That things huge, I dont wanna know what it cost lol.

got the ribs rubbed and they are in the fridge. the pecan is in a bucket soaking. I'm gonna smoke them about 4.5 hours tomorrow. to bad none of you guys are close enough to me, id say laod up and bring tha beef. its not like i wont be able to fit it on the pit...

I'm practacing for next weekend. got family coming in and want to do it right. maybe chicken and brisket!

or a hotpocket! lol

Just a side note for you guys cooking ribs, On the bottom of the rack there is a small layer of "sliver skin" and its almost clear when it is on the rack but if you pull that off before you season and cook them it makes them alot more tender. Alton Brown showed me that one.

I'm in love LOL!!!!!! that is one sick ass BBQ Bro, I'm jealous that is a backyard BBQers dream right there, If my gas Weber ever weres out I think I just found my new BBQ, Have fun and enjoy your new toy, LOL!!!

well today is the day. i looked at the rack and i dont see a "skin" maybe the butcher removed it.

I'm starting them about 11 and will be eating about 6 so that should be a good long smoke.

i rubbed the rack with some brisket rub, tony's, cavender's, and sea salt. i got some sweet baby rays sauce to go on them later. i hope its good!

Man, that is huge.

I just bought a smoker this spring. The charcoal half of one like that.
Haven't been able to get the heat just right yet. First time I just had charcoal in the side box. Not enough heat.
Next time I put some coals in the grill part and was too hot. Chicken and ribs. Chicken turned out great. The ribs were good, but the bones weren't coming off the meat easy.

Yesterday it was ribs and a pork loin. I started them off in the oven, then finished them on the smoker. I was turning over the ribs and they broke in half. Caught one of the bones on the grill, it just fell out. Pork loin was just as tender. Could grab it with the tongs and knock off small pcs. Damn it was good. Still got a few ribs left. Be lunch here in a bit. Got most of the pork loin. Gonna be pulled pork sandwiches. :D

Beason, my first ribs had the membrane. One I did last night didn't.
Let us know how they turn out.

IMG_8521.jpg

i almost couldnt get them off the grill, they were falling apart!! very good, tender, and juicy. they cooked for about 6 hours.

Save me a taste! Bet that was good.

Which side did ya use? I know that may sound like a stupid question, but I've seen some of them fix up a "smoke pouch" and use a propane grill.

If that side box vents into the main grill, you would put your ribs in the big one, and smolder some wet hickory over the coals in the small one. That's the way my local Rib Rest does theirs. They smoke at 140 degrees, not cooking temp, for many hours.

I learned from my dad that the best and most tender smoked ribs and brisket is smoked over a very low temperature for a long time. He used to smoke it at 120* for several hours.

Back