Good non-monster truck basher.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CosmosGoat

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I am looking to get something different to bash with. Dont get me wrong i love my revo but i want something else to mix it up a little. I was looking into a few different buggies and such. What would be a good low cost basher. I dont need tons of power or speed. I want something simple to work on and reliable. I will be selling a tmaxx and rc10gt to get something new so lets keep the cost below $200 if we can.

Nitro stampede maybe? Decent ground clearance, 2wd, so it should be simple. I've toyed with the idea of getting one.

i have the nitro stampede with a 2.5r conversion still in break in and i just love it! It si far has tons of power and does awesome wheelies I'm gonna finish breaking it in and so far with the pro 15 it had i never broke a single part except for the servo saver and a tie rod when I hit a brick wall doing like 30!! =) haha

IMO the nitro pede is good for wheelies and thats about it...wheelies get boring very quick! IMO you should keep the rc10gt

I have a Lightning 2 buggy that I use as a basher. Tough as nails, handles great and is pretty fast. I was able to pick it up RTR for $150 and it was under a half gallon of fuel through it. Check E-bay. I love mine.

I am going to stay away from the stanpede. I want something 4x4 and the pede would jsut be like the rc10. I have been looking at some buggies on different sites and like the idea of a 4x4 buggie. I think I'm going to try and stay 1 speed to keep it simple.

anyone had any experience with these http://www.nitrorcx.com/exhyspbeve1s.html ??? It seems like a good deal. They also have a .18 version also.

Do not get exceed-rc! There's your answer!

Are exceeds just not real tough or do they reliability issues? What are some other buggies to consider?

I appreciate the links but they all ended.

Are exceeds just not real tough or do they reliability issues? What are some other buggies to consider?

I appreciate the links but they all ended.

I'm pretty sure this applys for exceed-rc, even though I don't own one, many say that they break very often. What to look for in rc is a reliable rig, with a good customer support and guys that are truly willing to help you out. So that is what you need consider before buying.

Well i found out that my hobby town does not stock parts for the exceeds. I think I'm going to sell my maxx as it doesn't get much use and keep the rc10. So if anyone is interested in a original style maxx with an OS .18 CVR motor let me know. I dont have the posts to make a for sale thread.

Thanks for the advice all. Like i said i decided to not go with the exceed rc buggy. I did end up picking up a Redcat Aftershock 3.0 for a crazy low price. Just need to break it in. It should be a good rig and for what i paid, if i get a season out of it it will be worth the money.

Nothing wrong with Redcat products in my opinion. Great parts availability online and starting to show up in some hobby shops, at least in my area. The price is also great.

Back