Good Deal? (Slash)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glitch

RCTalk Qualifier
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I definitely was not looking at RC cars on Facebook marketplace when I found what seems like it may be a good deal. $100 for this Traxxas Slash (it’s 2wd, probably brushed) along with a charger, a power cell 3000 battery, a 5000mah battery, and some spare parts. Supposedly it works and runs, although looks like the seller couldn’t even be bothered to shake it out!!
B5B26BDA-C729-4C70-A75E-96C52427B38C.jpeg
DF854561-4948-4B6B-BBAC-0E75958AF398.jpeg
B003B89F-7068-4537-838D-F3CDD4E91D3E.jpeg

I would offer him $90 and tell him to keep the charger and batteries 😉

But that will clean up like new. Definitely worth the $100

Oh wait - that is the 4wd Slash. Not the 2WD. Defintely buy it.

I would def get that!!! :thumbs-up: Can't beat that price for all that. I've been looking for 1 cheap like that for an extra sct for my track when I have company. Great find! Get it! Easy to upgrade to 3s/brushless and it's a tough guy!!

Buy it. If you do, use old wrenches to take the rusted screws off. Dont want to ruin a good tool if not needed.
Very good idea. Some of those screws look terrible. Go to www.jennysrc.com and grab a complete screw kit for it.

I definitely was not looking at RC cars on Facebook marketplace when I found what seems like it may be a good deal. $100 for this Traxxas Slash (it’s 2wd, probably brushed) along with a charger, a power cell 3000 battery, a 5000mah battery, and some spare parts. Supposedly it works and runs, although looks like the seller couldn’t even be bothered to shake it out!!View attachment 151024View attachment 151025View attachment 151026
For that price, i wouldnt hesitate. I am always looking for cheap cars, and, lately, i am having a hard time finding 2WD rollers for that price, let alone a complete truck with charger. I typically check FB first, and, 4WD Slash rollers, in most cases, which is just the truck, and most of the time dont have any electronics, radio, receiver, charger or battery are at the $200 and up range. I belong to several FB RC classified groups, and lately, the going price for a 2WD is $125 and up, so, even if you picked that up and decided you didnt want it, you could put it right back on FB for double his asking price. About a week ago, i paid $120 for a Slash 4WD roller, and i thought that was a deal.

I would jump on that not a bad deal at all. Clean it up real good and you can either flip it or just keep it for yourself or as a rig for your mate or someone to use when your out with your rcs.

I am hoping he isn't responding because he is either going to pick it up, or he's out on the corner peddling a good time for funds 🤪
View attachment 151034
I did get in touch with the seller, he was avaible today and I suggested a time but he didn’t see the message. I’m going to see if he can do tomorrow- just glad he isn’t ignoring me and selling it to someone else!

I did get in touch with the seller, he was avaible today and I suggested a time but he didn’t see the message. I’m going to see if he can do tomorrow- just glad he isn’t ignoring me and selling it to someone else!
Yeah man. I sat here looking at other listings for them. I would be all over that. Even if it doesn't run, the gears are shot, and the shock shafts are bent... it's a good deal.

Unfortunately he did not read my follow up message and marked the car as sold- maybe next time!
I feel your pain. That has happened to me quite a bit lately, the latest one being a Traxxas Skully that i messaged him maybe 5 minutes after he posted it, and he didnt read my messages until two days after it was sold, but, i have had that happen with probably half a dozen Slash's, 3 Rustler's, 4 Kyosho's, and several other cars the last 2 weeks.