Good .18 or .21 engines?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fireturtle

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I'm looking for a new engine that works well with 20% nitro. I think that a .18 or .21 would be best, but there are just so many options at so many price points.
I'm new to nitro so I'd like to get one that's under or around $120.

.19 and below (3.3cc) is smallblock, anything bigger is big block. Make sure one would fit in your RC

OS .21 tm is a small block option, and a great engine, but if you're looking at that price point, the SH .18 or Dynamite .19 are probably your best options.
This.

But, don’t forget the 3.3 Traxxas makes too. It’s a good engine as well

Ohhh I like my custom bored .28. But go with good brand name

O.S. Makes good motors.

Last edited:
I'm looking for a new engine that works well with 20% nitro. I think that a .18 or .21 would be best, but there are just so many options at so many price points.
I'm new to nitro so I'd like to get one that's under or around $120.
hard to recommend an engine that is not know what is the application. .18 and .21 are typically different engine block classifications. .20 and smaller is small block 1/10 and smaller, and .21 and larger is big block 1/8 and larger cars.

hard to recommend an engine that is not know what is the application. .18 and .21 are typically different engine block classifications. .20 and smaller is small block 1/10 and smaller, and .21 and larger is big block 1/8 and larger cars.
I agree, they are two different block sizes. They aren't easily interchangeable going from one size to another. Plus some small blocks are side exhaust also.