Gonna give her a try...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

White_Snake

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well my Proline 2008 F-250 Body came in for my XL.

Not going to do anything to fancy, just needed something seeing my original one broke in two.

I read the little sticker on the body itself, and it says: 1: Paint 2: peal. as per the protective film.

Why would i paint it, then peal the film off only to have the paint go with the film?...or do i cut parts of the film where i am going to paint it?

Thanks!:)

You paint it from the inside bro.

SNG is correct, that film is just an overspray film to keep paint from getting on the outside of the body. Lexan RC bodies are painted from the inside.

And be sure to use paint that is specifically for Lexan/Polycarbonate surfaces. Other paints will will chip and flake off easily as the body vibrates/flexes while driving.

and most importantly...... have fun with it. take joy in knowing that it will be bashed hard no matter what it looks like.

Alright!
I am glad i asked. THANKS

I was going to use my rattle can model paint.

Must make it a bitch painting it from the inside.

If it is regular paint for static models do not use it, it will flake off. Both Pactra and Tamiya make some nice rattle can paint for polycarbonate/lexan bodies.

Back