Going electric..now for the questions!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro_newbie

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'm getting fed up with nitro a little bit, and electric is just so much easier, you pretty much plug in the battery and go, instead of the whole nitro start-up procedure.Anyway, on to the questions-
1. I'm looking into the Emaxx mamba monster. Would a 6s lipo be good?(what would be a good choice for speed and RUNTIME ).
2.^^^is this fully waterproof?I am aware that the lipos arent.
3.what charger is good for fast lipo charges?. i would also like to charge more than 1 battery at a time. and it being around or under 100$
4. i think thats it..wow thats gonna be a lot of $$$..hahah :hehe:ugh

The Emaxx is a great choice, 6s is plenty of power. However the brushless emaxx is not water proof. If you are looking for standing backflips and great durability, go with the savage flux.

lol....i wanted someone else to respond before me...

6s tho is dual 3s...you can't run a 6s lipo on the truck... with modification to the wires maybe but I'm not sure on that one.

If you want uncontrollable power then yes! :hehe: 4s will work just fine also.

ok so what is a pretty good charger, i dont need the best, just atleast be able to charge at least 2 at a time. i would love it was under 100$. is that Duratrax ONYX 235 any good?
thanks

buy 2 thunder ac 6's. charge every battery and are ready to go on ac and dc power...42 bucks each

The traxxas Erevo is better than savage flux en Emax, revo has lower cg, built flatter, don't looklike a monstertruck, with center diff it wil react as a truggy, good for the racetrack, flux en Emax is just for bashing, not stable on fast race tracks

i always charge mine at 1 amp. it takes 4 or more hours but i charge at home so i dont care. Mine are 5000mah so i can charge at 5 amps if i want to, i choose not to. if you get a 3000mah the max you charge at is 3 amp. I seem to get so much power charging slow so thats what i do. I've never charged mine at 5 amps, my guess would be about an hour to charge them at that rate

and tikiem is right. the erevo is better for racing on a track. the Flux will destroy it if you are trying to compare power

Last edited:
ok is that time the same for every charger?, in this price range. will charging the battery at 3 or 5 amps start to ruin it?

as far as i know, no it wont. they are rated to be charged at that amp rating. as i said i charge at home so i dont care if i charge slow but from what I've seen the batteries do awesome

and yes its the same for every charger because the battery is what decides the charge amps. DO NOT charge over what the battery recommends

I'm not even ganna get started on this thread lol

Back