Going Electric HELP HELP HELP

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarant

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok, my lanlord sent my mom a e-mail saying that one of our neighbors was complaining about my Savage, and our lanlord asked me to stop. I was like WHAT!!! he then said he would appricet it, if I would not drive my RC here, well I dont have any were else to drive it, so my mom said that I would have to go electric. I am okay with that though how ever I have no clue what i would need, I am looking at a
XXX-T
RC10T3 or T4 or what ever is out

Which one should I get I have no clue what to look for, I will want something that can handle short grass, and gravel those are my main running conditions. I am more of a basher, and it has to be under $325 for all of it. I have this charger http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXL345&P=7. and I will be using this type batteries i will get 2000mAh and I have 2 1500 mAh http://www.dynamiterc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=DYN1005 Will this be okay for this trucks

Thanks

Well I would like to but I am trading my Savage to Bruce so that is how I will be getting my electric truck. Thanks though.

now that is wierd.. electric savage huh.. anyway.. i would tell the neighbors to bite me.. as long as you follow the law for noise ordinace then there is nothing they can do.. dunno how old you are but thats some crap right there.. if it was me i would go pay a visit to the neighbors.. there HAS to be something that they do that is annoing.. loud truck, loud system, ..

i understand if you mom just doesn't want to deal with it but i wouldnt stand for it.. i would invite the land lord out to watch you run.. show him there is nothing wrong with it and tell him you wont run it late at night or anything..

you may be able to find a "quiet" pipe for the savage..

I would try to make a comprimise with the landlord, and the neighbors. Or... find another place to run.

I seldomly run in the neighborhood anyway due to all the traffic on my street. I'd take it to a park or something.

I dont have to switch, but my landlord is a great guy, he had our Heater/AC replace and that cost a lot of money and he didnt charge us at all and he didnt raise the rent,(somthing that a lot of landlords do here) and my mom didnt have the money for rent one month and the landlord said dont worry about it pay when you can, their were no late charges or fees or anything. and he knows how loud it is he saw me run it one time. and my mom said that she want me to switch cause of all the things are landlord did for use this was the least I could do. plus I am 16 and I will be getting a car for Christmas and my dad is putting the down payment and half a year of payments and I am going to have to pay off the rest so I will not have the $$$ for fuel and glow plugs and stuff. and with a electric I will only have to pay for transmiter batteries and not much else.

and I tried to reason with the old hag next door and I found a dead bird in my yard and she called the cops on me for playing music to loud. although I didnt get in trouble the cops told me to just stay away from her and dont make waves on the ocean and that is what I plan to do.

You know what i thing you should do is sell your savage and buy a E-maxx they are great cars, you would just Need to get so good batteries. I thing that electric is way better then nitro. Let us know what you do

Jonathan

Thats just you though :D jk, I think a bl savage would be awesome! If not, i vote for a brushless T4.

Tarant,
Its good to see that your able to compromise and be happy with it. Many people don't see the goos others have done for them and only want to be selfish.

A big thumbs up to you and your great attitude about the situation. :cheers:

FastEddy said:
Tarant,
Its good to see that your able to compromise and be happy with it. Many people don't see the goos others have done for them and only want to be selfish.

A big thumbs up to you and your great attitude about the situation. :cheers:

Well said, good for you Tarant!

For your driving conditions I agree that an E Maxx would be a great choice, but if you want a stadium truck the T4 is a fast solid truck.

E-maxx.....If you ever get the bug to hop it up there's tons of cool stuff you can do to it....alot of it pretty reasonably priced too since the maxx series is now "uncool".....and Ed's got a good point, nice to see akid takin so well...I know I'd have been super pissed at 16 if someone said I couldn't run my toys around the street either.....

Gee, thanks guys, :)

I will be getting a T4 and if i am really likeing it I will get a brushless kit for it,

Thanks Guys.

T4's are great trucks i got a Factor Team version and have not had a problem with , you will love the truck and with a brushless system in there it will wheelie ALOT..

I would be getting the RC10T4 SE RTR,

Joey what motor do you run, and do you know how long 1700 and 1500 mAh battteris last. Ni-Cd

I will get better batts and things later but for just bashing around the house

If you have to go eletric go with the xxxt. Great truck. If you have to have a monster truck I guess go with the emaxx

Back