Glow plug ignitor

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbones

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What kind of ignitors are you guys using? Seems like mine don't charge up like they did when they were new and they're not more than a year old.

I have two of them one is a dynamite red alluminum one and the other one is red aluminum also but i have no idea what brand it is. I got it in a trade. I replaced the batteries in both of them. The subc one I put a 4300mah in it and the bigger D cell ignitor I put a 10,000mah d cell in it. Now i never run out of juice....even if I'm out for a better part of the day :)

I've got a losi that has a wall charger with it and works fine. I've never ran it dead in any way. I've heard alot of guys talk highly of the HOTSHOT twist lock igniter. Its about $24 i only paid $15 for my losi.

I use a Tower Hobbies, Tower Power standard, and it works just fine its twist n lock rechargable 1600mAh NiCd for $15 or you can get the one with a power meter for $20 or so.

I use the HPI brand with the power meter on it I also have the hotshot twist lock both work really well.

I use the the dynamite rc red one and I've got about 9 sub c batteries that I cycle in and out. Then I have the dynamite rc lipo ignitor and its awesome. I can get about 3 to 4 days of running out of a single charge. The best way to keep the nicad sub c battery fresh is to use a charger that can peak them and charge them at about a 1 amp rate. Any charger that has a lcd screen like the venom or the duratrax chargers are the way to go.

I've got a pushglo on my dbx, awesome not having to have a glow starter to carry around

I have two of them one is a dynamite red alluminum one and the other one is red aluminum also but i have no idea what brand it is. I got it in a trade. I replaced the batteries in both of them. The subc one I put a 4300mah in it and the bigger D cell ignitor I put a 10,000mah d cell in it. Now i never run out of juice....even if I'm out for a better part of the day :)

What brand of subc batteries? I see some of those batteries have a tab on the end and some do not. I don't know what application they are designed for. And it looks to me that I should replace my batteries with 4300mah? Mine are 1800 (I think).

---------- Post added at 9:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:04 AM ----------

Thank to everyone for your advice.

They dont have the exact cell that I bought anymore. It looks like its been replaced by a new line of cells but heres a 5000mah version of what I bought. They also have a 3300mah version that cheaper. Its rated up to 10C although a glow ignitor I'm sure want even use a fraction of a C lol. I did have to peel the plastic covering off my aftermarket subc to make it fit in the ignitor so you may want to take a pair of calipers and measure the diameter of your ignitor and make sure the cell you buy fits. :)

http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/product/23/2/Elite-5000-SC.aspx

Back