Glo Plugs -Please help!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paullanzarotti

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have an Inferno MP7.5 RTR that I have broken in and run maybe 10 tanks through already.

I was told to upgrade my fuel to HJ Nicholls & Son 20% fuel. In the last 2 days I have burnt through 8 glo plugs?!?!

I used 5 on my last tank of fuel!

Does anybody no why these glo plug are failing within minutes? The hobby store I use (308 in Holloway, London) are reputable but there seems to be something seriously wrong.

Does anyone know this fuel? Is this likely to be a fuel issue, a glo plug issue or both?

Please help!?

In what way are the plugs failing?

Is your glow igniter voltage < 1.5v?

Do you have the right number of shims under your head button (compression too high)?

The engine is totally factory so I shouldn't have to adjust the shims. The plugs are dying on me. I run the car for 5 mins and then it dies. I try to re-start and it doesn't so I take out the plug and attach to a glo starter. When the plug doesn't glow I know it's dead. Put a new one in - some fuel and I'm away....for another 5 mins.

I'm new to Nitro and have only been indulging for two weeks but honestly - it's been an absolute nightmare! :arrr:

it looks kinda oily. not black....kinda oliy and brown.

Thanks for the link. I don't think the oil on the plug wasa running rich problem because before I take the plug out I try to start the engine. This pumps fuel into thus making the the plug look oily. It's ve strange. Will experiment with different plugs.

what brand of plug are you using, try OS plugs if yoiur not using them. neve rhad a problem with em

Back