Getting new tires? Read this...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubbiesRcs

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Welp as u know of the title if ur planning to get new tires or wheels u need to see if u have a buggy/truggy or a truck... If u have a truck you should stay with monster wheels and not get any bigger wheels.. If you get larger then ur car would not be used to it And be slown down. For enstance i got traxxas wheels on my small monster truck and it deystroyed my truck... Dont put monster wheels on buggys. You would have to tune ur buggy alot... And it would also ruin the spir gear in the car...

---------- Post added at 8:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:44 PM ----------

Will be finished later...

--------------------------/
uhe8u6a9.jpg
2ypuvu3u.jpg

Last edited:
That is why they make different spur gear and clutch bell sizes, it changes the gear ratio. If you go bigger tires, go with a bigger spur gear or a smaller clutch bell or vice a versa. When you change tire size it changes gear ratios, just the same as in real cars and trucks.

Yup, you have to regear if you are going from a small buggy tire to a much larger tire like what you posted in the pic.
And on top of that, most of those larger tires don't have the offset needed to run them without some extensions and those can cause a lot stress on the axle bearings in the carriers to boot.

You can run any wheels you want as long as they fit and as long as you make the proper adjustments to gearing and suspension.

You can run any wheels you want as long as they fit and as long as you make the proper adjustments to gearing and suspension.
And steering. [emoji106]

Hello can anybody recommend some good wheels and tires for the traxxas slash for off-road

If you want sct track style tyles I would reccomend any one of Pro-Lines tires. If you dont have a preferance but want to maintain the same factory size, I reccomend the Pro-Line Badlands, they have a dirtbike style tread, hold up against heavy bashing and damn can they roost dirt like a boss!! I also like the Traxxas BFG tire/wheel combo, come factory on their 1/8 rally cars but have great reviews with the sct track guys. I run the BFGs and personally love them!

I run stock stampede rears all the way around. Looks nothing like a SC truck now but will run through anything.

Ok cool thanks guys I'll look them up and decide what I want

What's the difference between rear and front tires. It says front on 2 of the rims and rear on the other 2 on my slash 2wd. What's the real difference I just never understood that

Oh okay thank you never knew about that

It'll be the offset of the wheels, I believe the fronts have more.

Back