Getting back into the hobby, suggestion needed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evyllchyld

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My friend and I are looking for a fairly inexpensive (relatively speaking) gas powered truck for each of us. We have had past experience in the hobby with gas powered RC cars, but that was years ago. He had a schumacher, and I had a traxxas. Mostly they'll be used to be beat up on, so they will have to hold up to that. They'll also be used for off roading (obviously). Any suggestions and help would be great.

Well you say off road and "beat up on", I would say get an HPI savage. There are a few different versions available, probably the best bang for the buck (based on what I've researched). If you can't afford one then you might wanna save more money because anything below 400 bucks is probably going to be more work and less fun combined with some serious frustration. I have a T maxx and it is a tad cheaper than the savage but you'll pay for it in parts.

new schumacher stuff is fairly reasonable, i got a riot for 169 sterling and i've mangled it 20 times, only thing i had to do was locktite and seal the engine!

just a suggestion

new schumacher stuff is fairly reasonable, i got a riot for 169 sterling and i've mangled it 20 times, only thing i had to do was locktite and seal the engine!

just a suggestion

A sterling? Must be money? How many US dollars would that be?

my experience, 9mo, i learned that the most imporant thing is the local hobbie shop you are going to use. be sure they have a good stock and can order parts.

Back