getting 6v out of JrXs3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenwing7

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
this is my question, does the stock reveiver get you the full 6v or does it only allow 4.8v to go through, I have heard that if you plug into slot #3 you can get 6 volts, is this true with the Xs3? How do you do this, because the terminal from the battery doesn't fit correctly into slot #3?? I don't want to fry something, and I have looked around a little bit but couldn't find anything very useful?

I heard that about the receiver that comes stock on the MGT, but I don't recall hearing it about the JR receiver. I'm not saying it isn't true, just saying I haven't read it anywhere.

unless you have the 310 reciever, you will have to plug into the 3rd channel to get 6v.

I have the reciever that came with the radio, I will have to look in the morning to see if this is what I have, I really want to get the most out of my servos, since the steering servo I have now is just the stock JR servo, and doesn't turn the BIG JOES worth and damn
I have the 300 that came with the NON-pro version how do I get this to fit into the 3rd slot??

Last edited:
Should just slide in. If you are already using the 3rd channel, get a Y adapter to plug it in. 1 male 2 female.

AC does your power male end fit properly into the female end of the reciever??? mine does not, should I have to mod it?? and why does JR do this bypass thing so you don't get max performance from your servos??

This is true for any receiver that has a BEC built in.

But If It Doesn't Fit, How Do You Make It Fit, Where Do You Trim??, And Which Two Plugs Should The Power Part Touch?

What about the reciever plug doesn't fit? Is it because it has a little ridge on it? If so take it off! and it will fit. I had to work mine a bit.

Do what VB says, just cut the little guide pin off the edge of the connector. The R310 does not have this problem in case your wondering. It's smaller too.

The R135 is a BEC receiver. I have one in my Mayhem and one in my Savage. And I run the battery on both through the Channel 3 slot. Just mod the battery plug like everyone else has said and drop it right in there. Just keep an eye on the polarity.

so when I do this everything thats right should stay right, and every thing thats left should stay left, how do you guys have this done, since there are three posts, and only two holes, which ones go where, sorry guys I am in the middle of a move and my toys are out of comission right now, too bad since the weather here is like low 70's cool in the shade, warm in the sun, PERFECT! but I will get a new garage with halogen lights, a work bench, and 2 20 amp electrical lines going into it!

Do I have to worry about frying this reciever, or will it just work wrong or not work if I don't have it right????

Looking at the rx, you want to use the post on the right side and the center (of course). I think the right side is the neg. post.

Just look at the way the servos plug in. Remember, there are 3 servo connectors. On JR servos, the positive is red, the negative is brown and the signal is orange. Just make sure you put the positive battery lead on the same pin the red servo wire is on, and the black battery lead on the same pin the brown wire is on.

http://www.fatlion.com/sailplanes/servos.html

Back