Gaz 66 (Cross-RC Gc4)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FREEDOM83

RCTalk Champion
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Well, after selling the Kingkong, which I loved and was hard as hell, but did not meet what I expected of it, I have on the way a Rc-Cross, I wanted this brand and as the 8x8, although I have fallen in love, I have gone out of price for my pocket hehehehehehe, I took a GC4, I have always liked the aesthetic "Russian" and will continue in the same line as the kingkong, but with an axle less to be something more "practical" for crawling.

I have the truck on the way home, along with the CVD bearings and the kit of metal sprockets, that maybe the truck already includes I've seen later in some Youtube video hehehe so maybe I have to keep them as spare parts.

Servo I will mount a MOB that I remove from the Pajero that I have for sale and I was not going to give it with the Servo as I can not sell it even for 300 € ... I do not understand why but well . Motor mount a 1200kv Fusion to save space variator and gearbox servo, put any I have at home hehehehehehehej, paint I have two sprays of Tamiya ts-5 so we will have to take advantage of them, on the other hand, at some point I will order a rubber rc4wd flahspoint as not, more in line with the model in question.

Ordered on Friday at 10 in the morning from Lili modellbau in Germany, received today Tuesday at 9:45 in Spain... that's speed, not even ordering in stores in my own country takes so little...

Work starts

Another things

Waiting more parts

It has been necessary to reinforce things a bit, as in the King Kong, in the Cross the bodies are beautiful, but a lot of pieces are glued instead of screwed, which makes them delicate, for now, I have reinforced the steering wheel to its axis and the axis to the dashboard and turn the dashboard to the lower half of the body, now yes, this is not going to move

I have also made an exhaust, the typical one with a lighter and plastic to give it the curves, I have used the plastic that comes holding the pieces in the kit. I have also raised the deposits a little, of the two holes I put the lower one where the upper one goes and I made some new holes in the supports for the lower ones, so I have raised them about 10-12mm, I did not measure since the measurements were given by the holes so I don't know exactly.

That is a store that works as God intended, 3 days from Spain to France ... not even stores in Spain take that long anymore

I'm liking how it's looking, now it's time to fight with the servo of the change and the lights that do the functions well

Well, after selling the Kingkong, which I loved and was hard as hell, but did not meet what I expected of it, I have on the way a Rc-Cross, I wanted this brand and as the 8x8, although I have fallen in love, I have gone out of price for my pocket hehehehehehe, I took a GC4, I have always liked the aesthetic "Russian" and will continue in the same line as the kingkong, but with an axle less to be something more "practical" for crawling.

I have the truck on the way home, along with the CVD bearings and the kit of metal sprockets, that maybe the truck already includes I've seen later in some Youtube video hehehe so maybe I have to keep them as spare parts.

Servo I will mount a MOB that I remove from the Pajero that I have for sale and I was not going to give it with the Servo as I can not sell it even for 300 € ... I do not understand why but well . Motor mount a 1200kv Fusion to save space variator and gearbox servo, put any I have at home hehehehehehehej, paint I have two sprays of Tamiya ts-5 so we will have to take advantage of them, on the other hand, at some point I will order a rubber rc4wd flahspoint as not, more in line with the model in question.

Ordered on Friday at 10 in the morning from Lili modellbau in Germany, received today Tuesday at 9:45 in Spain... that's speed, not even ordering in stores in my own country takes so little...

Work starts

Another things

Waiting more parts

It has been necessary to reinforce things a bit, as in the King Kong, in the Cross the bodies are beautiful, but a lot of pieces are glued instead of screwed, which makes them delicate, for now, I have reinforced the steering wheel to its axis and the axis to the dashboard and turn the dashboard to the lower half of the body, now yes, this is not going to move

I have also made an exhaust, the typical one with a lighter and plastic to give it the curves, I have used the plastic that comes holding the pieces in the kit. I have also raised the deposits a little, of the two holes I put the lower one where the upper one goes and I made some new holes in the supports for the lower ones, so I have raised them about 10-12mm, I did not measure since the measurements were given by the holes so I don't know exactly.

That is a store that works as God intended, 3 days from Spain to France ... not even stores in Spain take that long anymore

I'm liking how it's looking, now it's time to fight with the servo of the change and the lights that do the functions well

Cross RC has some great detail. Really good looking rig. Is you driver a Madelman figure? Looking forward to seeing more.

Yes , its a madelman , maybe too big for this truck , for the moment dont have other haha

Madelman was never sold in the USA, I have some I ordered from Spain about ten years ago, when I used tp collect action figures. Thought he looked familiar. :)

Madelman was never sold in the USA, I have some I ordered from Spain about ten years ago, when I used tp collect action figures. Thought he looked familiar. :)
I always thought "action figures" was just a name they gave them to sell dolls to boys 😝 I had Transformers, G.I. Joes, and of course the little green army men.

I always thought "action figures" was just a name they gave them to sell dolls to boys 😝 I had Transformers, G.I. Joes, and of course the little green army men.
My front room looks kind of like the movie "the 30 year old virgin" except I free my toys from their packages. 🤣

Second option near finish

564f1410.jpg

96942610.jpg

d5df6f10.jpg

85514410.jpg