Gather 'round, my Geeks...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just changed the settings. Screen saver goes to black screen with "Mystify" and monitor off and sleep are set for "Never".
I still have the side cover off so I can see what's going on in there and when I went through the normal shut down last night everything shut down normally EXCEPT the fans and the blue LEDs in them. Even the power supply fan shut off. This morning I hit the start button and nothing happened. The blue LEDs were still on and the fans were still turning. I had to hold the power button and do a forced shut down, then hit it again to get it to start.
There is an issue with windows 10 where the computer will remain on but the screen will stay black during shut down, you have to wait a few seconds for it to actually shut down. However if this was the case then your PSU fan would stay on. What PSU do you have? It could be the motherboard, but it's more likely the PSU.

I have the program CD for the mobo and I'm tempted to run it to possibly repair anything that might have gone wrong during the loose connection issue.

PSU is the Corsair GS600.

I have the program CD for the mobo and I'm tempted to run it to possibly repair anything that might have gone wrong during the loose connection issue.

PSU is the Corsair GS600.
The CD that comes with the motherboard just has unnecessary software and a few drivers, which will probably be outdated by now. Windows automatically installs all the important ones for PCIE and SATA. You could try re-flashing the BIOS, and rechecking every single connection again.

Back