Futaba Guys, Need a Little Help Here

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPIguy

Durability Tester
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
I have a brand new 4PLS, and a brand new Futaba R204GF-E RX that for the life of me, I cannot get them linked. I made sure to set my radio to S-FHSS mode, went back into TX mode, powered up the RX, and held down the link button multiple times for what seemed an eternity, still no luck. Am I doing something wrong? I followed the directions to the letter.

Have you checked this to make sure it will work?

The T4PLS transmitter uses the telemetry type T-FHSS ("TFH") system.
It can also use the conventional FHSS and S-FHSS ("SFH") systems. Because the
R304SB receiver supplied with the T4PLS uses the telemetry type T-FHSS ("TFH") sys-
tem, its RX type must be set to the T-FHSS high speed mode ("TFH-HI") or the T-FHSS
normal mode ("TFH-NR"). Never use analog servos when the RX type was set to the T-
FHSS ("TFH") 2.4GHZ system high speed mode "TFH-HI" or the S-FHSS (SFH) high
speed mode "SFH-HI". The servos may be damaged. For example, if analog servos are
used with a telemetry type T-FHSS receiver (R304SB, etc.), the RX type must be set to
"TFH-NR", and if analog servos are used with an S-FHSS receiver (R2104GF, R204FG-
E, etc.), the RX type must be set to S-FHSS ("SFH-NR")
system normal mode or FHSS
("FHSS") system. When using digital servos (including BLS Series brushless servos),
any RX type can be used.
When a dedicated FHSS receiver (R603GF/R2004GF) is used, it will not operate if the
RX type is not set to "FHSS".

Last edited by a moderator:
The RCNT definition of Guru...
New member who just got a Tmaxx and wants to know how he can make it wheelie and if a supercharger would do wonders for it. :hehe:

all my Futaba rx's have no bind button, more like plug and play, but i have seen people with other futaba's tought the antenna's during the bind process

The RCNT definition of Guru...
New member who just got a Tmaxx and wants to know how he can make it wheelie and if a supercharger would do wonders for it. :hehe:

Don't forget the airplane motor :)

all my Futaba rx's have no bind button, more like plug and play, but i have seen people with other futaba's tought the antenna's during the bind process

Huh, very odd to me, but whatever makes it work.

Back